Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Another trip to the dentist happy dance. >

Another trip to the dentist happy dance.

Another trip to the dentist happy dance.

Old 05-28-2014, 02:33 PM

Default Another trip to the dentist happy dance.

Today was HUGE!!!
I found a machine in a cabinet that had last chance written on it for $24.95 Made me wonder how many people passed this lovely girl by? Nice cabinet so I wondered if anything was inside. Yesiree, A beautiful Necchi Supernova. It was senior day so I paid even less!

Here are some pics of what I got today for my $22.00. Doing the happy dance. Even hubby was thrilled. I had to take all of the drawers and the machine out to lift it out of the truck. The cabinet is also a Necchi product.

I am trying to figure out what made the marks on the table top. Liliputian Martian flying saucer pads maybe?
Attached Thumbnails img_5724.jpg   img_5715.jpg   img_5711.jpg   img_5716.jpg   img_5710.jpg  

Old 05-28-2014, 02:39 PM

What a great find! I am doing the "happy dance" for you.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:45 PM

I have one like that (top, that is) and it's the footprint from a Serger. Seems those rubber feet really did a number on some of the finishes used.

BTW - you make me wish I could go to your dentist - I'd give up a few teeth to get a machine like that LOL!!
Old 05-28-2014, 02:47 PM

*claps* Ooo!! *squee* pretty pretty! that's an awesome deal on the machine!! *does happy dance*
Old 05-28-2014, 02:48 PM

That's a beautiful machine--great find!
Old 05-28-2014, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by sewready View Post
What a great find! I am doing the "happy dance" for you.
Awww, thanks. I really feel blessed because my favorite machine here at home is a Supernova I got last year but that one cost a bunch more!

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
I have one like that (top, that is) and it's the footprint from a Serger. Seems those rubber feet really did a number on some of the finishes used.

BTW - you make me wish I could go to your dentist - I'd give up a few teeth to get a machine like that LOL!!
Well maybe the ones you don't use that much..hehe, A serger makes perfect sense on the circles so hopefully the Supernova was used by someone that sewed/serged a lot and it is in good repair. Maybe I will put my serger there.

Originally Posted by foufymaus View Post
*claps* Ooo!! *squee* pretty pretty! that's an awesome deal on the machine!! *does happy dance*
You are too cute! Thank you for celebrating with me.

Originally Posted by Mdaniels View Post
That's a beautiful machine--great find!
Thank you so much. It seems like sometimes we just trip over them!!!

I am going to go take a Tylenol now my gums are hurting.
Old 05-29-2014, 05:54 AM

Whooo Hoo! Congratulations! I am hoping to find a Necchi Supernova someday too. I have heard wonderful things about them! The cabinet looks nice too. Great find!
Old 05-29-2014, 05:56 AM

Whooo Hoo! Congratulations! I am hoping to find a Necchi Supernova someday too. I have heard wonderful things about them! The cabinet looks nice too. Great find!

*I see you're in northern Cali. Me too!
Old 05-29-2014, 08:48 AM

Christy, We have had to redo the motors, they are two speed motors so are more work but they are worth it. Other than that they are fantastic machines. My Supernova is the Queen Bee around here and her stitch cams are DA BOMB!!!! Lucky you to live in Mendocino county. I would love to have a old barn on some acreage in the foothills overlooking the ocean! I can smell the salt air now.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Sunflowerzz View Post
Christy, We have had to redo the motors, they are two speed motors so are more work but they are worth it. Other than that they are fantastic machines. My Supernova is the Queen Bee around here and her stitch cams are DA BOMB!!!! Lucky you to live in Mendocino county. I would love to have a old barn on some acreage in the foothills overlooking the ocean! I can smell the salt air now.
Then my home is soo NOT what you are thinking lol! Mendocino County, but not on the Mendocino coast. I'm in Ukiah. Think more pear trees, grapes and warm weather. Are you over Sacramento way?