Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Antique sewing machines

Antique sewing machines

A few weeks ago my hubby and I went to a barn sale in Aguilar, Co. In a shed the owner had about 20 sewing machines, mostly heads. You could tell that some at one time had been in cabinets as they still had the hinges attached. I am guessing at the years of manufacturing, probably '20s or '30s. All black heads with various decals, such as Red Eye. I saw one that intrigued me, Greek or Roman lady on a chaise lounge. Have never seen this decal
    There was only one red machine. And most were Singer. The price for each 25.00. The owner has no plans to restore any of them. The idea of buying them all or some, is spinning in my head. Hmmmmm.

Blog Entries
    It would be spinning in my head too!! I'd for sure be after the ones with the different decals...and that red one!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sylviasmom View Post
    A few weeks ago my hubby and I went to a barn sale in Aguilar, Co. In a shed the owner had about 20 sewing machines, mostly heads. You could tell that some at one time had been in cabinets as they still had the hinges attached. I am guessing at the years of manufacturing, probably '20s or '30s. All black heads with various decals, such as Red Eye. I saw one that intrigued me, Greek or Roman lady on a chaise lounge. Have never seen this decal
    There was only one red machine. And most were Singer. The price for each 25.00. The owner has no plans to restore any of them. The idea of buying them all or some, is spinning in my head. Hmmmmm.
    Wow! talk about hitting the 'mother lode' of vintage finds.. Enjoy and keep us posted...
    Elizabeth

Life is a Learning Curve!

I think I would have done my Christmas shopping early! Maybe made an offer on taking several of the best ones. The lady on the chaise lounge is intriguing.
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    I did that once. I bought a bunch of Singer 404s from a school. I forgot what I paid.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Oh my gosh! I think I would be considering that too! But then, I hope I would be reasonable , maybe not!

Pat

Blog Entries
    I would have had a hard time leaving without at least 2, no 3, maybe 4 or 5, nono, 6.............!!
    To make lots of quilts, is to have lots of scraps, and I do, and I do.
    BarbaraSue

Blog Entries
    offer a lower price than you expect to pay for all of them - I did and I got 15.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    I couldn't have left w/o that RED one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    It would be spinning in my head too!! I'd for sure be after the ones with the different decals...and that red one!
    Yep....what Charlee said!!!! Hope you at least get a few of them.
    ~~Cathy~~

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast