Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Know...?

Anyone Know...?

My daughter in NM just bought a 1910 machine that Singer says is a 15-30. It is in a small table with a knee control and has no cord. I would get her a cord for it if I knew what configuration it has, but she has no internet and only a cell phone, so don't get ahold of her often. I also would like to know if this machine is full size, 3/4 size or ????. I have a 15-90 and a 15-91, but can't envision what this 1910 machine is about. I am assuming that the motor was after-market, but really have no idea. Any help anyone can give will be greatly appreciated.
    Yooper32 aka: Donna B

it may actually have been sold with a motor. There is a cord running to the pedal, and one to the wall. You can buy replacements easily online- first choice would probably be Jenny at Sew-Classic.com. It is pretty easy to switch out a motor and belt, and if you want to make sure everything is safe while you are at a distance, then getting a new motor/foot control set would be very reasonable- mine for my 15-30 was about $45.
    Cil

I'm a Queen.... at least my pantyhose say I am!

(proud caretaker of a magenta 221, purple 222, assorted 66's, a 301, a pink Atlas and Monarch, and Granny's 201-2.

Donna,

Did you and your daughter forget cameras, photos and snail mail? Archaic though it might be it's still a viable mode of communication.

The Singer Model 15s predate the 1900s. It could be one. And the Mdl 15 is a full sized machine.

Joe

My 15-30 is a full sized machine. It differs from a 15-90 series in that the bobbin case
    is more like the current class 15s with the 1:00 finger. Where the 15-30 bobbin case has the 11:00 finger.
    The 15-30 has no reverse and the 15-90 series does.

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Yooper32 View Post
    My daughter in NM just bought a 1910 machine that Singer says is a 15-30. It is in a small table with a knee control and has no cord. I would get her a cord for it if I knew what configuration it has, but she has no internet and only a cell phone, so don't get ahold of her often. I also would like to know if this machine is full size, 3/4 size or ????. I have a 15-90 and a 15-91, but can't envision what this 1910 machine is about. I am assuming that the motor was after-market, but really have no idea. Any help anyone can give will be greatly appreciated.
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

OOPS. I just reread my answer. I meant to say the 15-90 series has the 11:00 bobbin .case.

Sorry for any confusion,
    Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
    My 15-30 is a full sized machine. It differs from a 15-90 series in that the bobbin case
    is more like the current class 15s with the 1:00 finger. Where the 15-30 bobbin case has the 11:00 finger.
    The 15-30 has no reverse and the 15-90 series does.

Cathy
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Does anyone have a picture to post of a 15? I don't have one yet and so many of you say they are wonderful. I'd like to see one.

Thanks so much Cathy, your answers helped a lot. Joe, no we haven't forgotten, however life for both of us has been in a blender for several months, hers with an ugly divorce situation and me with an ex-husband who had a dislocating hip replacement situation, congestive heart failure and various other things that keep my other daughter and I driving over an hour to the VA hospital several times a week and twice up to Pittsburgh to the VA Hosp. there. Our "regular" lives all seem to be on hold lately.

Also, want to thank Makitmama for your helpful answer. I am thinking it will now be after Christmas before I can get this problem resolved. I have heard good things about SewClassic before and when I know for certain what type of cord I need, will most likely get in touch with Jenny.

Blog Entries

15-91

Quote Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
    Does anyone have a picture to post of a 15? I don't have one yet and so many of you say they are wonderful. I'd like to see one.
    Here is a pic of my 15-91 before we put her in a cabinet.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7110027.JPG 
Views:	446 
Size:	600.2 KB 
ID:	381789
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

NICE!! Thanks for the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by lovelyl View Post
    Here is a pic of my 15-91 before we put her in a cabinet.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7110027.JPG 
Views:	446 
Size:	600.2 KB 
ID:	381789

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast