Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Bobbins for Davis Rotary handcrank

Bobbins for Davis Rotary handcrank

I really, really need a bobbin for my Davis Rotary handcrank. If anyone has one (or two) to sell or trade please let me know. Thank you so much.

Up date:

A kind lady on Ebay has sold me two bobbins. Should arrive any day now. I can now get back to quilting. Thanks to all who considered my request. (Not to sound greedy, but a quilter can NEVER have enough bobbins, soooooo .......

Two bobbins are not even enough to get me started. Shuttle bobbins don't hold much thread so I'd be stopping every time I turned around and refilling one. Glad you found some, now when you are positive they are the right ones I'll bet you're going to be hunting for more.

Joe

Hi Joe,

Davis Rotary made by Davis SMCo is a rare bird. This was Davis' most expensive sewing machine and they evidently didn't sell too many. Finding any parts for this machine is quite an accomplishment and finding more bobbins would be like lightning striking twice

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Two bobbins are not even enough to get me started. Shuttle bobbins don't hold much thread so I'd be stopping every time I turned around and refilling one. Glad you found some, now when you are positive they are the right ones I'll bet you're going to be hunting for more.

Joe

Jon,

Do you have a Boye # for the correct bobbins of this machine? Or dimensions and descriptions? I have a few that I have no idea what they fit.

Joe

Joe--

It's a round bobbin like on your Singer 66 or 15 Class so I don't believe Boye made them. Sorry, I have no dimensions and am still looking for a complete Davis Rotary within my budget. Perhaps Chance will contact you and lightning may strike twice?

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Jon,

Do you have a Boye # for the correct bobbins of this machine? Or dimensions and descriptions? I have a few that I have no idea what they fit.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by jlhmnj View Post
    Joe--

It's a round bobbin like on your Singer 66 or 15 Class so I don't believe Boye made them. Sorry, I have no dimensions and am still looking for a complete Davis Rotary within my budget. Perhaps Chance will contact you and lightning may strike twice?

Jon
    Jon,

My bad, I read the name Davis and "assumed" it was a shuttle machine. Duh>>> OK, I do have a few odd rotary bobbins I can't ID so Chance, send me a PM with a pic or dimensions and I'll check 'em.

Joe

Joe, sadly I only have one for mine. Could you post a picture of it, I love those machines

Dan,
    I don't have one, maybe Chance will post pics of his.

Joe