Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Bummed - thought I'd bought a penguin foot . . . >

Bummed - thought I'd bought a penguin foot . . .

Bummed - thought I'd bought a penguin foot . . .

Old 07-27-2015, 01:41 PM

Default Bummed - thought I'd bought a penguin foot . . .

Paid for it last Wednesday, Seller provided tracking on Saturday, but it never showed accepted by the PO. Today seller gave me back my money. Said package had been returned to them by PO - package was ripped up and nothing inside.

Would have loved to get a picture of the package - only way I'd buy the story. I think the seller got a better offer. Oh well, it was a lot of money so maybe it's a good thing LOL!!

So I'll keep looking.

The real bummer, I passed up a few other items because I'd blown my budget -
Old 07-27-2015, 02:18 PM

Dratz, I agree, I would want to see the package.
Old 07-27-2015, 02:19 PM

Cathy,

Sorry to hear that. I also find it a bit hard to swallow, you should of have gotten a tracking number and notice of "dead mail" if on the up and up. If legit, the seller was extremely negligent in shipping and packing. Maybe it's a sign something greater is headed your way.

Jon
Old 07-27-2015, 02:31 PM

Sounds like the time. Won the bid for a 221 featherweight. And was later notified it was "Stolen". Really now.

Judy in Phx, AZ
Old 07-27-2015, 02:36 PM

If the item had been taken to the post office, the tracking would have shown it accepted and then returned. Yeah, sounds as if the seller changed his/her mind. Was this eBay? If so, I'd watch to see if it gets relisted. If so, I'd drop eBay a note.
Old 07-27-2015, 02:36 PM

So close. So close. DD bought a 15 Singer in a bentwood case on Ebay. When it came, the spool pin had gone though the top, pin was broken off and the dowels in lower case were broken and it came in pieces. We poured it out of the box. It was wrapped in bubble wrap only. When we sorted it out, the machine was fine. I replaced the pin and DH replaced the dowels in the base and we refinished it with a little cosmetic repair. Notified the seller and she had insured it for well more than it was worth. She wanted us to file a claim and split the money with her. Can you imagine? Not that the P.O. couldn't see through that anyway. It is hard enough to get them to pay a legitimate claim for sure. We just said, no thanks, and boy was she steamed. I think it serves her right. She is still probably mad because she didn't get a payoff. You never know about people.
Old 07-27-2015, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Paid for it last Wednesday, Seller provided tracking on Saturday, but it never showed accepted by the PO. Today seller gave me back my money. Said package had been returned to them by PO - package was ripped up and nothing inside.

Would have loved to get a picture of the package - only way I'd buy the story. I think the seller got a better offer. Oh well, it was a lot of money so maybe it's a good thing LOL!!

So I'll keep looking.

The real bummer, I passed up a few other items because I'd blown my budget -

You didn't tell them it was worth much more than they were asking did you? LOL
Old 07-27-2015, 05:22 PM

I'm not buying that story for one second. First off - the post office doesn't work that fast, and secondly, the post office would have sent it on it's way to you in one of their famous clear envelopes imprinted with their useless apology for their machinery eating your mail so you could see the damage as soon as you opened the mailbox.
Old 07-27-2015, 06:36 PM

Bummer - that elusive penguin foot......................... Hope another comes your way soon.
Old 07-28-2015, 04:27 AM
Power Poster

Sorry to hear your lost. I doubt that the story is true. When my friend mailed a baby quilt in a priority envelope, the USPS delivered the printed address label. The quilt never did show up so my friend had to make another baby quilt quickly. Be sure to always tape a label securely to the package you are mailing.