Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Cinderella box recovered!

Cinderella box recovered!

I acquired this Cinderella from a fella on eBay. The machine works and the paint job is very good but the box was totaled. There was no black "fabric" on the lid and the top of the lid had let go by the time I received it. I glued the top of the lid but didn't nail it, as the wood was very thin and brittle. Then I fashioned a slip cover of fabric that had similiar little flowers to what is painted on the machine on a black background. (Isn't it amazing that I had a piece of fabric that matched? NOT...) I spray painted the base of the box after trimming away the fabric that had peeled away (don't look too close!)
    The local sewing machine repairman gave her a once over and made up a cord/foot pedal. I don't know how the seller on eBay could say "it powers up" when there was no cord/foot pedal. NOTE TO SELF: do not assume there is a cord/foot pedal. I requested the seller wrap the foot pedal in bubble wrap for shipping and that is when I found out "there is no foot pedal pictured or mentioned" = no foot pedal.
    Another note: I bought this purely for asthetics. The sewing machine repairman said "it's a thrasher" lol! She's LOUD when she runs...not quiet like a featherweight.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Any day spent quilting is a good day!
    Judy

Power Poster
    Look at her chrome shine! No foot pedal! That's just wrong!

Oh, I like that fabric you chose. It is perfect! Nice job.

She's beautiful. Great job on the box!

I don't think I would mind her being a "thrasher" at all if I could just look at her in all her beauty everyday. Love your fabric for the box top. You have given me an idea for covering one of mine. Was going to decoupage it but I think I like the fabric idea better. Will experiment with fabric first. The bottom I am covering with leather.
    Kitsy

Judy,

How did you make the "slip cover" for the box top fit snugly? I've been thinking of doing that for the cases I fix up, but haven't figured that part out.

Joe

Pretty! Amazing job on the slipcover too!

Blog Entries
    Wow love the slip cover. You did a wonderful job!
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

Blog Entries
    Great job on shining her up and wonderful fabric & covering the box. You go, girl!
    Mavis

Blog Entries
    I thought about painting my Cinderella's box to look like a pumpkin/coach - I like your fabric a lot - it does match the machine very nicely.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast