Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Colorado Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts >

Colorado Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts

Colorado Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts

Old 11-13-2015, 02:53 AM

Default Reminder - November 2015 Colorado get together

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's get together. I'm hoping that there might be some others that may have thought about joining us even though they haven't posted here.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 11-14-2015, 07:47 AM

Busy getting ready for November get together -So far we think there are about 6 of us planning on being there and I'm sure that if more show up Perkins would be glad to accommodate. No need to RSVP -- JUST COME - JOIN US

"It is at the Perkins Restaurant at I-25 and Colorado Boulevard n Denver. The reservation is for Saturday, November 14th , at 11 AM. I said probably about 10 to 12 people, although they can accommodate more if needed. More would be welcome. RSVP to this thread if interested.

The Perkins is located with a La Quinta Motel that is just south of I-25. It is located on Buchtel Boulevard. If coming from the north on I-25, Buchtel Boulevard is an immediate right turn after exiting I-25 to southbound Colorado Boulevard. If coming from the south, exit and go southbound on Colorado Boulevard, cross over the highway going south and merge to the right side for a right-hand turn onto Buchtel Boulevard. Look for the motel since it has larger signage.

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 11-14-2015 at 07:50 AM.
Old 11-14-2015, 08:08 AM

Super excited to see you all!
ila
Old 11-14-2015, 01:16 PM

Great get together - so much fun. Thank you all who came. It is fun to see and hear about others "collecting" and using these great old machines and attachments. Even got to see a Moldacot - I never thought I would ever see one.

Looks like it will be January before we will get together again. I'm already looking forward to it ;-)

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 11-14-2015 at 01:20 PM.
Old 11-14-2015, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
Great get together - so much fun. Thank you all who came. It is fun to see and hear about others "collecting" and using these great old machines and attachments. Even got to see a Moldacot - I never thought I would ever see one.

Looks like it will be January before we will get together again. I'm already looking forward to it ;-)

Agreed, it was great to see all you wonderful people who love antique machines as much as I do. And that Moldacot... wow, just wow. I didn't think I'd ever see one in person either. I eagerly await the January get together.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:25 AM

Default January 9th 2016 Get Together

We are looking forward to our January meeting. We have a reservation at Perkins, where we met in November, for 10:00 AM Saturday the 9th of January. Directions to Perkins may be found on another post above.

We would welcome any and all who would like to attend. Happy New Year!!!

Janey & John
Old 01-10-2016, 06:04 AM

Default January 2016 Meeting Notes

We met yesterday for the January meeting. Janey brought a hand pinker and some buttonholers. Courtney brought a very similar hand pinker to Janey's. Janey's is a ConSew Roto-Pink and Courtney's was a Florian. They demonstrated using them on the paper napkins at the restaurant!

Ila brought some sample decals that she can experiment with and practice in re-doing a Featherweight. Probably the star of show-and-tell was Courtney's cute little toy sewing machine. It was a miniature chain stitch machine with a very cute bentwood case, which he repaired and refinished. The machine bears the brand name "ALL". Very well made for a toy.

It was good to see everybody and talk. We are not sure yet about the location of the February meeting but will post it here it as the time gets nearer.
Old 01-10-2016, 07:56 AM

Hopefully I'll be on time for the next one! I loved that tiny little machine that Courtney brought. He does have the neatest little machines.
Ila
Old 01-10-2016, 02:36 PM
Banned

Alright. Pics or it never happened, lol.

Cari
Old 01-10-2016, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post
Alright. Pics or it never happened, lol.

Cari
We were too busy talking and admiring (& eating) to take pictures. Will try to remember next time, but will probably forget then, too.