Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Colorado Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts >

Colorado Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts

Colorado Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts

Old 10-28-2015, 04:19 AM

Default Colorado Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts

... and hopefully "out of state" enthusiasts that are able to travel to Colorado for a get together. I know there are several that have posted in this forum that are in Colorado but not many have responded. I'm thinking that some might not check this forum frequently/regularly. We (those of us who met up) thought that perhaps there are others that would like to be included in or at least be notified of future get togethers. If you would like to be notified either by PM, email or phone you can let one of us know by PM.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...h-u158980.html
http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...x-u146015.html
http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...i-u146444.html

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:24 AM

It was so much fun to meet some kindred spirits who also enjoy collecting and/or using vintage sewing machines. I got some great ideas and liked seeing the little chain-stitch machine. I totally want one now.
I'm hoping we can have a November get-together, so if you didn't join us last Saturday, please get in touch so we can pick a location that's as convenient as possible. I think for now we're looking at Palmer Lake area, right?
Ila
Old 10-28-2015, 08:39 PM

I was also able to attend our Colorado get-together and would encourage any of you on the Colorado Front Range to join us!
Old 11-01-2015, 09:32 PM

I am in the very northern part of Loveland and would be interested in meeting others! I haven't been on this board much lately and didn't even know there was an October gathering. It would be best to receive an email with info of future events, as I may miss a notice here. I'll PM OurWorkbench with my email address.

Is there a target date for November?
Old 11-02-2015, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by WideAngleMind View Post
I am in the very northern part of Loveland and would be interested in meeting others! I haven't been on this board much lately and didn't even know there was an October gathering. It would be best to receive an email with info of future events, as I may miss a notice here. I'll PM OurWorkbench with my email address.

Is there a target date for November?
I thought that there might be others, like you, that don't check the board all that often or intermittently who would at least like to be informed personally of future get togethers.

As far as I know a target date has not been set...

Old 11-03-2015, 09:46 AM

How about Saturday, Nov.14 for another get-together? I was thinking that maybe we could aim for near Denver. That way the south-of-Denver folks don't have to drive all the way to Loveland. We could shoot for Westminster, or somewhere near DU... any suggestions? There are some places off I-25 and Colorado.
Ila
Old 11-05-2015, 05:14 PM

There is a Perkins in Denver with a nice room somewhat removed from the main part of the restaurant. It would allow a little more privacy than some restaurants. I talked to the manager today and they can put tables together letting us meet and talk as a group over a late breakfast.

I went ahead and made a reservation for us. It is at the Perkins Restaurant at I-25 and Colorado Boulevard n Denver. The reservation is for Saturday, November 14th , at 11 AM. I said probably about 10 to 12 people, although they can accommodate more if needed. More would be welcome. RSVP to this thread if interested.

The Perkins is located with a La Quinta Motel that is just south of I-25. It is located on Buchtel Boulevard. If coming from the north on I-25, Buchtel Boulevard is an immediate right turn after exiting I-25 to southbound Colorado Boulevard. If coming from the south, exit and go southbound on Colorado Boulevard, cross over the highway going south and merge to the right side for a right-hand turn onto Buchtel Boulevard. Look for the motel since it has larger signage.

We still have plenty of time. Let me know if this works or if we should change anything.

John (and Janey)
Old 11-05-2015, 08:10 PM

Thanks so much for arranging that, Janey and John! I'll be there with bells on! I don't really have any machines that need immediate help, but I'll bring one of my featherweights along just as a backup in case we need stuff to look at. Ooh, and I just got an old buttonholer that I'd love to get help with if anyone has used them.
See you then!
Ila
Old 11-07-2015, 08:09 AM

I will be there! I likely won't bring anything but am thinking of selling a couple of things and will bring some photos in case anyone is interested.

Tori (Who just might need to stop in to Fancy Tiger while she is in Denver!)
Old 11-07-2015, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by WideAngleMind View Post
<snip>
Tori (Who just might need to stop in to Fancy Tiger while she is in Denver!)
I haven't been there since they moved (a block or so) into the larger space.