Craigslist score gone sad

Old 02-10-2014, 07:01 PM

I need a power cord/foot controller for a touch and sew II 711. I sure hope you have one. Carolyn
Old 02-10-2014, 07:53 PM

The hardest part on the electronics, is prying them open. It's sort of like a puzzle. Other than that, you're replace 2 wires with 2 wires, and they (in my experience so far, 1/2 dozen done) aren't polarized, even on the electronic ones. Top left and top middle should be at least looked into. The wide Singer one, I had bad luck with, fragile thin copper contact strips that had arced through.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by jlhmnj View Post
Remove the old foot pedal (or repair?) and reuse cord with new. Easy as pie on the older Singers button controllers as nothing to mix up. Never had a new electronic but I'd imagine its equally simple. I'm sure you can find installation instructions online or from a QB member.

Jon
This is what DH did for my 301 foot pedal. Took him about 15 min or less.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:18 AM

What motors do you have? I'm in need of a motor for a White FR. Willing to pay.
Thanks,
Dolly
Old 02-11-2014, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by trivia42 View Post
This is true. I am a home for wayward free things it appears. I need to stop though so it doesn't become some weird hoarding situation, lol.
That's too funny!
Old 02-11-2014, 08:40 AM

*** Rewire one of these to your wire
*** -or-
*** splice it on.
*** May not be pretty but will work.
*** I did it and it worked just fine.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by jlhmnj View Post
Remove the old foot pedal (or repair?) and reuse cord with new. Easy as pie on the older Singers button controllers as nothing to mix up. Never had a new electronic but I'd imagine its equally simple. I'm sure you can find installation instructions online or from a QB member.

Jon
I was just going to suggest the same thing. Just be very careful in opening up the controller as there is a little spring that may pop out. Maybe open over a towel on a counter...
Old 02-11-2014, 03:22 PM

Do I see a brown foot controller in the pile? The one that fits my 401a isn't goodand when I bought a new replacement one from sew classic it didn't fit. I would love to have yours if that's what it is!
Old 02-11-2014, 05:55 PM

All of the button pedals you have will work for your FW. There are basically 2 leads (cords) for the singer machines: A double lead cord - will have a cord that goes to the pedal and one to the wall, and a single lead cord - will go to the pedal and another cord altogether will go to the wall.

The pedals are interchangeable with both lead sets. You have a veritable goldmine there.

I should also mention that I haven't seen a button pedal wear out. I've seen them need adjustment and sometimes a little cleaning and then they're good as new.... I posted instructions here:
http://www.archaicarcane.com/singerattheraces/
http://www.archaicarcane.com/what-a-pile-of/

The electronic pedals are very easy to wire as well, as long as it's a 2 lead pedal not one meant for a 3 wire cord, it wires pretty much exactly the same as a button pedal, but may require the addition of a set of crimp on connectors to connect to the circuit board.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:57 PM

Alright, all three "toe-button" controllers are spoken for, I think. I got the wide singer pedal apart without too much trouble but it has those little u-shaped clips to connect the wires. All of these pedals have different wiring set connectors to the machines so to ask if I have a specific one is a crap-shoot if you need the wiring too. If you just need a pedal for your current wiring set, that may be much more doable. Most of what are left are the spring-loaded metal pedals with various and sundry wiring connected. Tammi's right about the rewire, fairly easy with a 2-wire connection.
Ashley