Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Do you name your machines?

my big quilting machine is "flowing stitch" and I call her Flo.....I'm Italian not Indian

I named my Bernina 830E Sybil...for obvious reasons.

My newest machine is a Brother and his name is Oliver and he is one handsome dude and he stitches well!
    He knows how to keep me happy. Ya' I know I am a dork and just can't help myself!
    I also have a old VW Beetle named Vera Wang. She looks like a Vera but not a Wang.
    Last edited by Yakkity; 08-29-2013 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Silliness

The comments on here are hilarious! I haven't really named mine yet. Unless you'd deem that me calling my Singer 328K "Old Faithful" 'cause for sure that machine has been ever faithful. Just doesn't let me down, and I used to sew a lot more than I do now! That machine was the very first one I ever had to call my own -- my husband gifted me with that one the very first Christmas we were married (in 1963). Whoa. Nellie, that's been a loooonnnnnnggggg time!

Jeanette Frantz

Jeanette what a good husband!!

i like to name my machines, its fun, and lord knows i see enough sadness every day at work, that a little lighthearted fun and sharing the love of machines cannot be a bad thing.

I'm amazed at the number of machines I've collected since I started this thread, I have named every one. So many are music related. I named one after the late great Eydie Gorme, one Lucille for BBKings guitar, and one Layla for that great Eric Clapton song about a woman he and George Harrison both loved.

thanks for sharing your story!
    Never met a scrap of fabric or vintage sewing machine I didn't like!
    Many a lost and lonely vintage machine has found a home with me, 26 and------ uh oh lost count, who is counting anyway!

Susan

Elvis! Great name for your Blue Suede Shoe color machine. I have a thing for blue machines.

Blog Entries
    My latest machine is Fred after the Mystery Machine in the Scooby Doo cartoons because he was a mystery as to what he was until Mizkaki identified him. He is a 215G Singer made in Germany.
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4