Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Dressmaker Sewing Machine Model 423

Dressmaker Sewing Machine Model 423

I have, what I think, is a terrfic work horse. Does anyone have this model, if so "Is it really a workhorse"

Dingle

Blog Entries
    I recently got a Dressmaker but don't know the #. Do you hAVE A PICTURE

Blog Entries
    Dingle, if that machine just keeps going, and doesn't falter at bulky seams or ever seem to be tired, then you have a workhorse!! Would love to a pic!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

I have a Dressmaker that I got new in about 1971. Not sure of the model number. It has had some not-so-regular check ups and a new belt, but nothing else. It just keeps going and going. The only complaint I have is that, as a metal (rather than plastic) machine, I can barely lift it on and off the table. I had to buy another machine so I had something I could take to classes. But "workhorse"? You bet.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gramma nancy View Post
    I have a Dressmaker that I got new in about 1971. Not sure of the model number. It has had some not-so-regular check ups and a new belt, but nothing else. It just keeps going and going. The only complaint I have is that, as a metal (rather than plastic) machine, I can barely lift it on and off the table. I had to buy another machine so I had something I could take to classes. But "workhorse"? You bet.
    Yes metal does equal heavy but you are right it is a workhorse! I have worked on lots of Dressmaker sewing machines from the 60's and 70's and I love them. They are made really well and like it has been stated they will sew through almost anything. But try not to abuse the little rascal even if it will sew through 7 seams of denim, and if you pick the machine up make sure you had your Weaties.

Billy

I just found one of these. It is a Dressmaker SWM-1000. Know anything about this model? Serial number 15456 I bought it. Sounds great~! I went ahead and got it. It was $20 can't wait to use it.
    Last edited by AngieS; 04-05-2012 at 03:41 PM.
    Angie S.