Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Electro Hygiene Sewing Machine

Electro Hygiene Sewing Machine

I received a Electro Hygiene sewing machine today. Model 200. The manual was with the machine at the sale, but it was gone 5 minutes after we bought it. Can any body tell me about the machine. it was made in Japan. Where I can find a manual and any info, can't find any thing on the electro site. It,s old. Bobbin looks like a shuttle for lace making.

Any info on an old 'Electro Hygiene' sewing machine?

they mention a manual at the end. Maybe you can contact the poster with a private message
    Alyce

Blog Entries
    I had an Electro Hygiene sewing machine. I tracked it back to a sew and vac type place in Dayton, OH from back in the day. They badged their own.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    good mothers let you lick the beaters - great mothers turn it off first

Quote Originally Posted by mjruda View Post
    I received a Electro Hygiene sewing machine today. Model 200. The manual was with the machine at the sale, but it was gone 5 minutes after we bought it. Can any body tell me about the machine. it was made in Japan. Where I can find a manual and any info, can't find any thing on the electro site. It,s old. Bobbin looks like a shuttle for lace making.
    Pictures would help.

My guess from your description that it would be more like Miriam's and shelrox's machines at Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell and Need Help Electro Hygiene Shuttle Machine

If so it would be similar to Singer 27, 28, 127 and 128 machines (other than the reverse lever near the bobbin winder). There are many long shuttle machines that would be close. From the above links, my guess would be that the flat of the needle would be on the right and the needle threaded from left to right.

As for cleaning and oiling, check out How to Clean Up and use a vintage sewing machine - videos by Muv and Fav

Looks like that would be a fun machine.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
    Janey & John