Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Elna Supermatic question

That's a great find Lisa. I will pick some up just to have on hand. Thanks for sharing.

Nice machine...Elna made good machines. I have a Air Electronic SU68 which I bought back in 1976.

Thanks so much, sunflowerzz! I am going to try getting that knee pedal together, now.
    As for the tensioner ....I actually took the faceplate off the machine so that I could take the tensioner apart for cleaning. I took pictures of what it looks like and will post them here tomorrow. It was still sort of tight but I think I have found the problem.

I have a manual that I printed out. I think I got it from the files of the Vintage Elna yahoo group but thanks for your offer!

Quote Originally Posted by mjhaess View Post
    Nice machine...Elna made good machines. I have a Air Electronic SU68 which I bought back in 1976.
    Do you know how old this machine is? Looks like the on I learned to sew on. Mom got it sometime in the early '50's. It got to a point when she couldn't find anyone to service it. It was pretty worn out by then anyway but had been the best machine she ever had.

There is one for sale in my area. It is a "one owner" machine, coming with the cams and several foot. But they are asking 175$...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2