Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eye Candy

Eye Candy

Go to eBay and pull up Singer 301s. Then scroll down. There is one of the most gorgeous machines I have ever seen, and it is in pristine condition. It is selling for 750.00 but free shipping. If I had that kind of money I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Oh yeah--I've been to the store that's selling it. Nice people.

Have fun looking. And let us know if you bouy it.

It is nice, but, I'd be happy with almost any listed there. Thanks for bringing to our attention. - Ron

Wow. That's a lot of money. I currently have 4 of them and love them. I don't mind a blemish or two.

Blog Entries
    Check your local CL
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

I searched three times to see the machine but I never saw it.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Blog Entries
    At least the shipping is free. I wouldn't mind a black one, but not at that price.

Did you see the 301 table in great condition for $14.99? Too bad the shipping is $155.

I wonder if the sellers pay no ebay fees on shipping, so they make up for a low selling price with shipping. I'm sure this is against ebay "rules" .
    Quote Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
    At least the shipping is free. I wouldn't mind a black one, but not at that price.

Did you see the 301 table in great condition for $14.99? Too bad the shipping is $155.

Just because someone is ASKING $750 does not mean that it's "Going for $750" Anyone can ask anything, $100 for a can of worms, for example,....doesn't mean anyone will pay that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintersewer View Post
    I wonder if the sellers pay no ebay fees on shipping, so they make up for a low selling price with shipping. I'm sure this is against ebay "rules" .
    According to an ebay seller I met last summer, Ebay recently changed that rule. They charge on shipping over a certain dollar. I don't get the shipping prices on ebay. Actually, I don't get ebay at all anymore. I use other auction sites now.
    Tammi - I've found that many baby steps tend to get you further than a huge leap in followed by a huge leap out - http://www.archaicarcane.com
    Singer 411G, 301A, 2x 221 (featherweight), 222k - the holy grail, 99-, 15-90 Centennial, 27, VS2, 28 hc, 128 knee bar, 201-2, 31-15, Pfaff 130-6. Non-Vintage - Pfaff 6122, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81595 serger, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81155, 2013 APQS Lucey

Blog Entries
    I have never done Ebay - I do Craig's List
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast