Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Featherweight Extension table

Blog Entries

Featherweight Extension table

I'm looking for an extension table for my newly inherited 1953 featherweight "Julia". She has been given a tuneup by a friend of mine who does this for a hobby and runs like she's brand new! Who do you suggest I go to for an extension table?

Are you signed up for the FW yahoo group? There were a few notes just in the last couple of weeks on where a person could buy one. But since I'm an old lady I can't remember what the site was called.

Somebody (and of course I cant remember who!) makes an adjustable extension table that can fit a number of vintage machines. I read about it on the Vintage sewing Machine shop thread and you could search that thread and find out.

Here it is: https://www.sewingmates.com/index.ph...age=page&id=15

Sorry, I dont know how to make it clickable on the new board.

This table costs a little more but but can be configured to fit a variety of machines - just in case you get bitten by the vintage machine bug.......I have! And my feather weight started me off!

There is a seller on Ebay that makes a black extension table for the featherweights, just put singer featherweight extension table in the search box. I also believe that Sew-Steady makes then to fit, they come in different sizes.

Pds

Featherweight Extension Table

Quote Originally Posted by paulswalia View Post
    I'm looking for an extension table for my newly inherited 1953 featherweight "Julia". She has been given a tuneup by a friend of mine who does this for a hobby and runs like she's brand new! Who do you suggest I go to for an extension table?
    I purchased one and was very disappointed. It is plastic---which is okay, but the paint on it (to mimic to the trim on the FW is poorly done)---the bad part is it doesn't fit the machine! It is really unstable and I don't think worth the $60 I paid for it. I am trying to decide whether I should send it back or just figure out how to use it. I have two machines so maybe it would fit the other. Just be careful---Just my experience. I ordered it from an on-line source that was named in the article I read.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pds View Post
    I purchased one and was very disappointed. It is plastic---which is okay, but the paint on it (to mimic to the trim on the FW is poorly done)---the bad part is it doesn't fit the machine! It is really unstable and I don't think worth the $60 I paid for it. I am trying to decide whether I should send it back or just figure out how to use it. I have two machines so maybe it would fit the other. Just be careful---Just my experience. I ordered it from an on-line source that was named in the article I read.
    would you be willing to PM me with the on-line source name/web address? I'd like to benefit from your experience and not order from them myself. My friend tells me that the www.tableextension.com is a good source and I may go there, but wanted to get various opinions before I order. Thanks!

Washington State summer, Sun City AZ winter
    When I wanted one for my FW I found one on the Clotilde web site that fits very good and I like it - can't remember the maker's name. When I was looking for one for my Bernina 440, I found one at the Puyallup Sew Expo at the Dream World (www.dreamworld-inc.com) booth. They make nice extension tables for any machine. They are known as the Sew Steady tables.
    She who dies with the most fabric didn't sew fast enough!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda - K. View Post
    When I wanted one for my FW I found one on the Clotilde web site that fits very good and I like it - can't remember the maker's name. When I was looking for one for my Bernina 440, I found one at the Puyallup Sew Expo at the Dream World (www.dreamworld-inc.com) booth. They make nice extension tables for any machine. They are known as the Sew Steady tables.
    I have one of the extension tables a 24/24 for my Bernina 930 that is from Dream World. I have had it for about 8 or 10 years now. I bought it through Nancy's Notions and I love mine. It is adjustable height wise and very steady. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I haven't bought one yet for my FW, but I plan to, there are several on the market now.

Google Featherweight RX - they have all things featherweight. I think they have two different sizes of extension tables. I haven't gotten one of them, but all the other things I have gotten from them have been good quality.
    Quilt Mom

Going through life one stitch at a time