Featherweight Extension table

Old 03-17-2012, 02:36 PM

Default Featherweight Extension table

I'm looking for an extension table for my newly inherited 1953 featherweight "Julia". She has been given a tuneup by a friend of mine who does this for a hobby and runs like she's brand new! Who do you suggest I go to for an extension table?
Old 03-17-2012, 02:38 PM

Are you signed up for the FW yahoo group? There were a few notes just in the last couple of weeks on where a person could buy one. But since I'm an old lady I can't remember what the site was called.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:49 PM

Somebody (and of course I cant remember who!) makes an adjustable extension table that can fit a number of vintage machines. I read about it on the Vintage sewing Machine shop thread and you could search that thread and find out.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:02 PM

Here it is: https://www.sewingmates.com/index.ph...age=page&id=15

Sorry, I dont know how to make it clickable on the new board.

This table costs a little more but but can be configured to fit a variety of machines - just in case you get bitten by the vintage machine bug.......I have! And my feather weight started me off!
Old 03-17-2012, 07:17 PM

There is a seller on Ebay that makes a black extension table for the featherweights, just put singer featherweight extension table in the search box. I also believe that Sew-Steady makes then to fit, they come in different sizes.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:26 AM
Pds

Default Featherweight Extension Table

Originally Posted by paulswalia View Post
I'm looking for an extension table for my newly inherited 1953 featherweight "Julia". She has been given a tuneup by a friend of mine who does this for a hobby and runs like she's brand new! Who do you suggest I go to for an extension table?
I purchased one and was very disappointed. It is plastic---which is okay, but the paint on it (to mimic to the trim on the FW is poorly done)---the bad part is it doesn't fit the machine! It is really unstable and I don't think worth the $60 I paid for it. I am trying to decide whether I should send it back or just figure out how to use it. I have two machines so maybe it would fit the other. Just be careful---Just my experience. I ordered it from an on-line source that was named in the article I read.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Pds View Post
I purchased one and was very disappointed. It is plastic---which is okay, but the paint on it (to mimic to the trim on the FW is poorly done)---the bad part is it doesn't fit the machine! It is really unstable and I don't think worth the $60 I paid for it. I am trying to decide whether I should send it back or just figure out how to use it. I have two machines so maybe it would fit the other. Just be careful---Just my experience. I ordered it from an on-line source that was named in the article I read.
would you be willing to PM me with the on-line source name/web address? I'd like to benefit from your experience and not order from them myself. My friend tells me that the www.tableextension.com is a good source and I may go there, but wanted to get various opinions before I order. Thanks!
Old 03-18-2012, 09:27 AM

When I wanted one for my FW I found one on the Clotilde web site that fits very good and I like it - can't remember the maker's name. When I was looking for one for my Bernina 440, I found one at the Puyallup Sew Expo at the Dream World (www.dreamworld-inc.com) booth. They make nice extension tables for any machine. They are known as the Sew Steady tables.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Linda - K. View Post
When I wanted one for my FW I found one on the Clotilde web site that fits very good and I like it - can't remember the maker's name. When I was looking for one for my Bernina 440, I found one at the Puyallup Sew Expo at the Dream World (www.dreamworld-inc.com) booth. They make nice extension tables for any machine. They are known as the Sew Steady tables.
I have one of the extension tables a 24/24 for my Bernina 930 that is from Dream World. I have had it for about 8 or 10 years now. I bought it through Nancy's Notions and I love mine. It is adjustable height wise and very steady. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I haven't bought one yet for my FW, but I plan to, there are several on the market now.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:28 PM

Google Featherweight RX - they have all things featherweight. I think they have two different sizes of extension tables. I haven't gotten one of them, but all the other things I have gotten from them have been good quality.