Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Featherweight sewing machines

I really would like a featherweight but don't know what a good price is, how about around $300.00 ?

Blog Entries
    Depending where you live and what you can afford. I would say between $200-$300 (includes s/h). I think if you have patience you will find one at that price.

Blog Entries
    Depends on condition. I paid $125 for a rough looking machine about 10 yrs ago in Angleton Tex at an antique store. She sews well, but the decals are faded, there are some other condition issues. I would maybe pay $300 for one in almost perfect condition, with a pretty good case, all the extra attachments (ruffler, hemmer, wide hemmer, tucker & buttonholer maybe, edger), an original book.

For a special machine like maybe a Centennial in above condition, I'd maybe go $500. A 222 would go for $800-900.
    JMO on prices, I still see an awful lot of folks that get 'em at yard or estate sales for under $50! That's my dream, to find one in really nice condition for under $100 ;)

I just bought one on ebay a month or so ago. It is in great condition, had been serviced (had a receipt for the service)has several feet. I paid $320 plus shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by vintage cowgirl
    I really would like a featherweight but don't know what a good price is, how about around $300.00 ?
    I am going to try to post a picture of "Trudy" that I got off EBay about 2 weeks ago. I paid $395 plus shipping and I'm very happy with her. She had been cleaned and serviced and came with a one month warranty. If I had not been happy with her, I could have returned her. No way, I love this baby!

Trudy 1950 Model
    Name:  Attachment-196174.jpe
Views: 71
Size:  32.3 KB

Blog Entries
    Yes, I am also looking to buy a Featherweight sewing machine

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Prices do vary. I would flip if I found one at a yard sale!! :D
    I paid 212.00 + shipping for a really good one with everything and it had been serviced as well. I feel I kind of got a deal b/c they are going for more these days on Ebay.
    I've only had mine a year and use it a ton!!

I would pay more for one if I had to but not over 300.00, but that's just me :)

PS I love Trudy!!! :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    Prices do vary. I would flip if I found one at a yard sale!! :D
    I paid 212.00 + shipping for a really good one with everything and it had been serviced as well. I feel I kind of got a deal b/c they are going for more these days on Ebay.
    I've only had mine a year and use it a ton!!

I would pay more for one if I had to but not over 300.00, but that's just me :)

PS I love Trudy!!! :thumbup:
    Trudy is beautiful! I haven't used my yet and I've had it a month or more. I have hardly been able to sit and sew for awhile--dealing with severe sciatic pain. I can't wait to sit down and try it out. It looks so uncomplicated and down to earth. I got a 301 model a week after my FW and have it in for service and tuning so I have two new ones to try out. Need to name them both, too.

I just got one off e-bay for $200.00. I was the only bidder. One went off yesterday for $167.50 and $18.00 to ship. The seller had no idea what he had and it showed in his listing. Someone got a great deal.

A couple of years ago I bought a featherweight in great shape, together with its folding table (not in such great shape, had to replace the veneer on top) for $300. Since then it seems like all the prices I see on craigslist are going up and up, but I don't know if those machines are selling at the inflated prices. Shop around and don't be afraid to offer less than the asking price. Be prepared to walk away if the price looks too high, and eventually you will find a good one. Good luck!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast