Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Featherweight

Is $300 too much to pay for a Singer Featherweight? It looks like it is in real good condition - I honestly don't know too much about them - as a matter of fact I just learned about featherweights after joining this board - I learned to sew on a treadle and an electric but have been living in the dark I suppose.

I don't think so, but others may disagree. The worth is what you can afford and what you think it is worth:)

You say it is in good condition, but have you test driven her yet? I think she is worth the $300, but only if she is in good working conditon and doesn't have any issues.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I would pay 300 if it's in good shape and has the case and attachments.
    You will LOVE having one!

Just make sure it has all of it's working parts, mainly the bobbin case. I think that's a good price and they are easily cleaned and oiled up to get them running again. Good luck--I hope you get it!!

That is a fair price. In my part of Southern Ontario, I have noticed that Featherweights are not selling for quite as much lately. There were two on Kijiji (Canadian version of Craig's List) last night. One listed at $250 and one at $350. Sometimes it is just a matter of luck. I bought two Featherweights for $60 at an Estate sale. Our neighbour gave my daughter her mother's for free. I'm still hunting for a 222 Featherweight at a reasonable price.

In good condition, with accessories and the case? Reasonable IMO. Recently tuned up? Even better.

For this area it's a legitimate price, but check to be sure it runs correctly.

Kat

I didn't pay quite as much for the one I bought about 1 1/2 years ago. It took a lot of searching and patience to find one with all the parts in good condition. If I had had $300 I would have gladly paid it, especially now since I got this one and use it all the time.

Blog Entries
    did you test drive it? I would pay $300.00 if it was in good condition. I am still looking for one

Blog Entries
    Good price!!

Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    did you test drive it? I would pay $300.00 if it was in good condition. I am still looking for one
    Ditto! New case is 65 bucks, new foot pedal is 20, have no idea how much the bobbin case is but I'm sure it is at least 20 if not more. The extra feet? Depending on what one will cost you 5-20 bucks a piece and there are at least 5 feet that I can think of off the top of my head that came with this machine.

So, if it has everything with it 300 is a great price. And once you sew on the little silly thing you will be in LOVE!

Blog Entries
    William paid $300 for mine a year or so ago...for that much money tho, the decals were in perfect condition as was the machine itself. The only problem was that the foot pedal needed to be adjusted.

For a great machine, it's not a bad price. For a machine that's been beat up or used to the point that the decals are gone, or one that has any rust, heh! Not so much.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    William paid $300 for mine a year or so ago...for that much money tho, the decals were in perfect condition as was the machine itself. The only problem was that the foot pedal needed to be adjusted.

For a great machine, it's not a bad price. For a machine that's been beat up or used to the point that the decals are gone, or one that has any rust, heh! Not so much.
    I Agree!

I got a centennial model in mint condition with everything for 300$