Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Fleetwood.sewing machine ?

Fleetwood.sewing machine ?

I was at the Salvation Army store yesterday and saw a beautiful Fleetwood in carrying case with attachments for $17.99. I have so many sewing machines, I almost bought it. Should I go back and get it ? It is on my mind, but I don't know anything about the machine.

For that price I would go back and get it!! You could always sell pass it along to another sewing machine affectionado!

You should go back and get it. I have no idea what a Fleetwood sewing machine looks like, so post pics when it's home.

Well, we would.

Joe

It is a class 15, made in Japan machine. My mom had a beige Fleetwood when I was a kid. It had a box of different colored cams to go with it. I loved looking at the machine. We were not allowed to touch it - ever. When mom passed I wanted to get it from her house. The day after her funeral a flood came through and everything from my childhood home was washed away, even that heavy old sewing machine. I look for one just like it all the time. I'll find it someday, I'm sure.

Blog Entries

Fleetwood Sewing Machine

I still use my Fleetwood I purchased in 1955 and it still sews great. It has a blue and silver head and is in a maple floor cabinet. I was told when I purchased it that it was made by Necchi. I would go back and get the one you saw. I am sure it will serve you well.

My Vandervoort sewing machine is like the Fleetwood, only mine is black, a Badged Singer Clone made in Japan. It had never been used, needed a new belt and lots of oil. Makes a beautiful stitch.
    One of my Grandsons was helping a friends family move, I guess he looked at it, as his Mom also sews. They told him if he wanted it he could have it. His Mom didn't want it, not into old machines. First I gave him $25.00 for lugging it home, then never wanting to pay to little for something, I gave him another $75.00. I thought since it was brand new it was well worth it. I posted pictures of it on the board asking for info on iy. Look it up, I'm sure you will see how similar they are. Was next to impossible to find info on it.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

OH, you can see a picture of the blue Fleetwood that was sold online at wellpoint.com on 5/18/2007. It threads the same as a Singer 15. Hope this helps. My Vandervoort was made for and sold at a dept. store that use to be in St.Louis.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Yeah! Go get it!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?