Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • The Apple Phone Application for Singer Enthusiasts! >
  • The Apple Phone Application for Singer Enthusiasts!

• The Apple Phone Application for Singer Enthusiasts!

Old 05-21-2021, 10:31 AM

Default The Apple Phone Application for Singer Enthusiasts!

It's a free app called "Singer Serial DB" (with a little black machine as the icon) it can bring up nearly every serial number out there. If it has any issues, it may also recommend an external link for more info! Not my product but it's VERY helpful on the fly, or say...in a rummage sale when you could use a little more info!

I hope this is helpful! (and not a repost)
    Old 05-21-2021, 04:24 PM

Just kind of a word of caution while using https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...carious.singer or https://picarious.com/singer/#/

I understand how that would be helpful for some. Also note that the serial numbers were taken from ismacs (along with some other sources), which I believe initially got the serial numbers from Singer. However, there are some that are incorrect. Also sometimes it is that the numbers got entered incorrectly or mistakenly identified. I was at a thrift store once that I had the serial numbers on my phone so I could look up. It was a Singer 66 with Red Head decals. It was a "G" serial number, which often one doesn't look at the whole number, as they go up to six digits and then they put a 0 in front and went up to 7 digits. Even knowing this, I checked both and neither had the machine listed as 66. I even tried numbers like 8 instead of a 3.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
    Not affiliated with off-site link(s)

Old 05-21-2021, 06:20 PM

Its not a perfect resource but it's also, in my experience, never been wrong...it has choked out a couple times with no info. I can live with that. The best way to test it is at home with what you know, right? It's just nice to have in a pinch.
    I use it quite a bit...and then follow up when I'm in front of my computer at home. Besides...no info can leave you kicking yourself sometimes..I like to have a general idea, and then use google/ismacs to back it up.