Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Follow up to "Son bought me featherweight"

Quote Originally Posted by jlhmnj View Post
    I wouldn't blame ebay so much as the offending seller and/ or UPS, USPS, or FedEx. Any decent seller would make good on damages and would pack to prevent them from happening. I have found ebay effective in returning my money from sellers when there was a problem.

Jon
    The seller is going to send me a new bobbin winder - no question asked. Now I'm just trying to resolve the power issue. Anyone have any ideas what a replacement motor should cost me?

Used FW motors sell for about $75 shipping included on ebay.

What is the serial number on the machine?

Do you have pictures yet?

Picture

It's really adorable. I got a 50 watt voltage converter. Turns out I need a 100 watt. Hope to get that in by Friday!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Joe's right a replacement motor will run you around $100, but well worth it! I bought a little 99 with the European voltage. I just turned that machine into a HC, but with your little FW - I'd get a new motor. You will love sewing with that machine! What a nice son you have!

Nancy

Very nice!!Good thing I have a laptop that I can turn around. lol I love your thimble in the background.

If you just want to sew with it and it doesn't matter that the motor is not an original FW, you can get a new motor with an electronic foot control and power cord for $33 - http://shop.sew-classic.com/Motor-Ki...l-SCEFM190.htm

These foot controls are a lot nicer to operate than the original bakelite button controllers - they don't get hot and they operate more smoothly.

I've bought several motors and lots of other stuff from Jenny and she's always fast to ship and if I'm making a mistake in what I'm ordering, she'll take the time to ensure that I'm ordering the right stuff for my project. She's saved me time, money and disappointment on several occasions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2