Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Foot for free motion quilting on treadle

Foot for free motion quilting on treadle

OK. I have watched the youtube videos on fmq and think with a treadle might not be so challenged as have been on other attempts. Only problem, the sound is not good on computer and I can not catch the name of the foot I need. I would be using it on my White Rotary 1911. Search word suggestions for looking on ebay? Or a pic of what I am looking for. The one in video looks to me like a darning foot?

Blog Entries
    The videos I've watched stated darning foot. Have fun. Not going to know if anything works until you try.

I'm hoping Macybaby sees this, she'll know if there is a darning or free motion foot that will work on your White.
    One setup that I see on Ebay fairly often is a little spring that fits over the needle for darning. One of those would work on any machine though I don't know how effective they are.
    Rodney
    "Neglect to oil the machine will shorten its life and cause you

trouble and annoyance" Quote from Singer Model 99 Manual

I've tried a darning spring on the White rotary and didn't like it at all. There are no darning feet I was happy with. I gifted the machine away as it wouldn't do what I needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    I'm hoping Macybaby sees this, she'll know if there is a darning or free motion foot that will work on your White.
    One setup that I see on Ebay fairly often is a little spring that fits over the needle for darning. One of those would work on any machine though I don't know how effective they are.
    Rodney
    Thanks. Never heard of the spring before. Worth a try (as tessagin says, worth a try.) Still looking for a darning foot for the machine. The slot seems different on the standard low shanks than on this 1911 FR but I could just not be understanding and one would actually work.

Ahh, did another search on the Board and found this, (of course it was here all along; just cuz couldn't find did not mean an answer was not lurking around here somewhere!) Free motion on vintage white machine