Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sparrow Quilting Co. Domestic Free Motion Quilting Templates Ruler and Foot >

Sparrow Quilting Co. Domestic Free Motion Quilting Templates Ruler and Foot

Sparrow Quilting Co. Domestic Free Motion Quilting Templates Ruler and Foot

Old 10-13-2017, 07:00 AM

Default Sparrow Quilting Co. Domestic Free Motion Quilting Templates Ruler and Foot

Has anyone tried the free motion quilting foot and templates on Sparrow Quilt Co. that you use on your domestic machine?

They look interesting and fun. 😀
Old 10-13-2017, 07:08 AM
Power Poster

those are some interesting rulers in the starter pack. i bought the westalee
Old 10-13-2017, 10:12 AM

They are interesting looking, but I think the Westalee starter pack offers rulers that are more versatile if you want to make a variety of different designs. The sparrow rulers look to be more specialized in terms of the designs you can do with each.

Rob
Old 10-13-2017, 06:39 PM
Power Poster

I have looked at the video but I don't think I am going for those rulers. The large ruler seems to just fit the ruler foot and the movement around the pattern seems jerky when she gets to changing direction.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:32 AM

Any more opinions on these ruler/templates since October? I watched some videos on these today and am interested. The foot seems a little expensive to me.
Old 02-26-2018, 01:30 PM

I purchased 2 of there free motion template rulers the first of November 2017 and after many emails ,phone calls ,and finally threatened to cancel payment that they had taken out of my pay pal account right after I made order I got the rulers in the later part of January.Then I decided to give company a second chance and I ordered on February 14 ruler starter set that I thought was for 1/2 ruler but was for 1/4 ruler foot so I contacted co. and explained what had happened and they nicely changed my order to the 1/2 "set which cost more and I made several inquiries as to send invoice so I could send difference through Pay Pal and did not hear from co. except they sent order and when they arrived today 3 of the 5 rulers were broken ,Sparrow finally got back to me and stated they would replace rulers but sent me an pay pal invoice for remainder of amount,of which I have sent and am waiting for information on when my rulers will be sent.Rulers are great but flimsy and much care is needed to use these rulers,the rulers I received today were shipped in a medium sized box with only one small piece of crumbled paper to keep them from shifting around in box as they are coming from Alberta,Canada to New York.So my answer is use this company at your own risk.I will not order from them again.I am soo disappointed my there customer service!
Old 03-31-2018, 12:55 PM

Their customer service is absolutely horrible. I ordered two items in December, and by mid-January they were still not shipped. So I sent an email, and a box arrived a week later. But only one item was in the box. So I emailed them again and they said they were sorry and would ship the other item right away. I should have had it by late January, but when it still didn't arrive by March, I decided to ask for my money back. For the past month I've been emailing them several times asking for a credit back on my credit card for the item that they never shipped. I keep getting the run-around, and now it is past the three-month credit card involvement time limit, so I will probably be out the $39 that they owe me. I too will never order from them again.
Old 04-01-2018, 03:18 AM

NO, I would not let them get away with it. Call your credit card co. and tell them. They will contact the company and get your money back. I pd $79 for a machine part..I never recieved acknowledgement nor any communication. I emailed, telephoned (message service) and after a month, I contacted CC service and explained. I then got mail from the seller that my money had been refunded. Don't let them get away with it!
Old 02-15-2019, 04:51 PM
Power Poster

This sort of happenings makes me very reluctant to by on line.
Old 02-16-2019, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
This sort of happenings makes me very reluctant to by on line.
If it is not a known company (Amazon, Missouri Star, Joanns, etc.), I always use Paypal to pay for the item. They are easy to deal with, let you know if the charging company is setting you up with a subscription, and quickly gets your money back, if needed. The unknown company doesn't get my credit card number. If they don't take Paypal, I don't buy from them. If I can't find it elsewhere, I do without. My credit cards have never been compromised, either.

bkay