Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: FREE! Kenmore 52!

FREE! Kenmore 52!

A while ago, it was on c/l for fifty bucks. And I emailed him, and his price was firm. I just didn't have that much, so I thanked him and went on. A week or so later, he emailed me and offered it to me for thirty! I posted that I was going to get it! I was so happy. Then, dh and I argued (unrelated to the machine) and I thought I should wait, so as not to add fuel to our fire! I emailed 'Mike' and let him know. He said no problem - just keep him posted.

Then my kids started school, and there went my sewing machine money. I sent Mike an email, thanking him for his patience with me, and apologizing. Didn't hear back. Well, what else could I do?

He emailed me yesterday, saying that he'd had zero interest other than me, and he just wanted it out of his house! We went by last night and picked it up!! for free!!

It does have some red cams, and a fruit basket full of attachments and notions. The belt that is on it has shredded in one spot - that will have to be replaced. It was his wife's grandmother's. She mostly did clothes, and they sold bins of her material at last year's yard sale. They are keeping her treadle (which he clearly thought was worth a lot) and one another machine. He didn't know what it was. I told him if it was a Singer 5-anything, to call me if they changed their minds! ;0))

Isn't that the nicest thing? I thanked him so much, my husband told me in the car that I had sounded crazy! ha ha. *sounded?* AM!!

;0))

Congrats, that was really nice of him.

Wow! VERY NICE!!!!
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Wow a 52! Awesome!

Blog Entries
    congrats! what a nice gent~
    dare to dream

If that's a 158-52? it's an excellent machine. I had one up until I was in the hospital. Then it got sold.
    Joe

I will have to find amelia's camera, and get you guys a picture. TONS of needles with it. ALL different sizes and kinds . . . I'll never need to buy needles again, probably! =))

feet still in their original kenmore boxes, and one of them under a plastic bubble, unopened. A griest buttonholer, and a kenmore one.

it is purty!

Very nice of them--why not make them a little something for being so kind?--maybe hot pads, etc.

Great score!
    Mark