Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Goodwill Rescue

Goodwill Rescue

I rescued a brown crinkle Domestic rotary by White Manufacturing. She needs a good cleaning and oiling. There is a possible fray in the electical cord covered by electrical tape. The cabinet needs refinishing but I love the style of it. Serial #151-15384. I have not been able to find anything about her online yet. If anyone knows where to look let me know.
    I did have to leave 2 other machines and an empty cabinet at the Goodwill in Apache Junction, Az. A portable Singer and a Kenmore in a cabinet. All priced around $30 - $35.

Name:  2012-10-1616.48.20.jpg
Views: 1246
Size:  379.4 KB
    I do have the face plate missing in this picture. There is a box of extra feet and bobbins and the manual. I am missing the foot pedal but it has the knee contol.

Super Member Central Ohio Quilter's Avatar
    She is a beauty!

Great thing you did, rescuing her!

Sweet!! I'm glad she got a new home!
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

That's a nice looking machine. I like the cabinet too.

I have the same machine....YOU will LOVE her!!! Beautiful straight stitch, and purrrrrsssss like a kitten
    Happiness is a form of travel...not a destination.

I have the same machine, a brown crinkle, badged White Rotary 35X, age 1936. I paid $15.00 at our local Goodwill. It is in the exact same cabinet as yours and I love the cabinet too. Haven't refinished it yet but would make a nice bedside table. Then I could sew in my bedroom. I sew in almost every other room in the house so why not.
    Kitsy

Blog Entries
    Way to go, very nice.
    DeAnne

Good rescue! Even her finish looks good. I'm working on an old Singer treadle cabinet now that I think I'll put in my bedroom. Hubby keeps saying we need a bigger house since there are 2 of us and ours is only 2200 sq. ft. I think he's dropping subtle hints that fall on deaf ears! LOL

Your machine was made in 1940. See info here http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...62576881ZWxouE

Yes, do check the wiring. It is often bad if it has not previously been replaced. Nice machine. Also check the drive wheel on the motor. Often there is a flat spot from the motor resting against the drive mechanism. Sort of thumps when you sew with it.
    Sweet Caroline

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
    Your machine was made in 1940. See info here http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...62576881ZWxouE

Yes, do check the wiring. It is often bad if it has not previously been replaced. Nice machine. Also check the drive wheel on the motor. Often there is a flat spot from the motor resting against the drive mechanism. Sort of thumps when you sew with it.
    Thank you. I did check out the drive wheel like you suggested and there is a grove on the motor pulley where it has been resting on the disc wheel. Now I need to find somewhere to take it for repairs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast