Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Got a 99K

Got a 99K

I'm so excited! I went to an auction and bought a 1952 99K for $20. It is in amazing shape and has a lovely wooden case. I already have a 99K but it is in a rather beat up grasscloth case. I love the way the 99s sew. Only one other person even bid on it. I go to auctions regularly and I knew one day I'd find a treasure. It even has the original key tied onto the handle with a ribbon.

What a lucky find!!!

Good for you!! I've heard only good things about 99's and I wanted one. Was lucky enough to pick up a Spartan last week! Can't wait to try it out.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Congrats, enjoy!!!!

Blog Entries
    Congrats! A 99 is on my wish list.
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

I've got a lovely Centennial 99K in a beautiful bentwood case. Just after Christmas hubby was at an antique shop and found a 99 from the 1940s for just $32. The bentwood case isn't as nice and it needs a new cord, but when we get it cleaned up it should run great. I may give this one to my granddaughter.

Blog Entries
    I gave my DGDs a Spartan with a finger guard. They love it. Good little machines. I'm thinking the differences are the Spartan has no light and the bobbin winder is a bit simpler.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Great find!