Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Green Elna Supermatic

I bought this same machine a couple of years ago but just tonight I brought it out to see if I could get it running. It's a bit different than my other vintage machines so I looked online for a manual and found one free, in case anyone else is interested in it. Here is the link... You just have to click on the pictures to enlarge them:

http://www.bovil.com/index.php?optio...g2_itemId=3803
    ~~Cathy~~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid View Post
    I bought this same machine a couple of years ago but just tonight I brought it out to see if I could get it running. It's a bit different than my other vintage machines so I looked online for a manual and found one free, in case anyone else is interested in it. Here is the link... You just have to click on the pictures to enlarge them:

http://www.bovil.com/index.php?optio...g2_itemId=3803
    how do you print the manual?
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Miriam,

This is one of those where you have to click on the pic to get the big version to come up, then click on the larger size button at the upper right. When that comes up, either right click to print, or save it to your hard drive then print it.
    Same set up as the images on the Smithsonian site. It's a big PITA, but that's the only way I know to do it.

Joe

Blog Entries
    There has to be a better place to get a manual. I have a few of those old green Elna machines in need of manuals. I can't remember how they work.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

I've never seen anything like that...very cool machine!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltingweb View Post
    I've never seen anything like that...very cool machine!
    Yes they are very cool - very nice stitches. They are driven by a little black rubber wheel inside the balance wheel and those go a bit flat after they set a week or two - then they make a thudding noise or just spin. They aren't terribly hard to replace if you have the tool.

Here are some nice clear instructions on winding/inserting the bobbin and threading the upper thread:

http://www.sewusa.com/Threading_Diag...ng_diagram.htm

I've gotten it all cleaned up but still have to get her threaded up and give her a try.
    ~~Cathy~~

Blog Entries
    You are going to like that one - if it slips or stops running you will need to replace the little tire inside the balance wheel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2