Greist Attachments

Old 08-22-2013, 12:57 PM

Default Greist Attachments

The Two Spool came with a box of attachments. At first I thought they were the same as the set that I got with the Free long bobbin machine, but they are not.

Here is the set that came with the Two Spool machine. It also has the instruction manual, and the page showing the underbriader shows the word "Eldredge" so it was printed for that specific machine. The instructions I have for the Singer underbraider shows a similar picture, but the word formed is "Singer"

And this is the set for the long Bobbin. They are about the same except for the underbraider and shirring plate. Those two plates look similar, but they are used in different applications. The Shirring plate is only used with the Ruffler.

And the cases.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:28 PM

Are the feet different heights? I would love to have a 2 spool.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:40 PM

I went and looked, and they are different heights. The one for the Eldridge is slightly shorter and the notch is slightly wider.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:14 PM

Greist must have been one heck of a company back in the day. They made attachments for everyone.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:27 AM

MacyBaby, those wooden boxes are just beautiful.

If I have MachinusMustusRescuitus, I am thinking maybe you have an Attachment Disorder?

;-)
Old 08-23-2013, 03:05 AM

Cecilia - I love that!

Though all funning aside, I work for an organization that sometimes deals with children with that issue. So I'll have to make sure to call it Sewing Machine Attachment Disorder - or SMAD. My staff think my sewing machine addiction is amusing.
Old 08-23-2013, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
The Two Spool came with a box of attachments. At first I thought they were the same as the set that I got with the Free long bobbin machine, but they are not.

Here is the set that came with the Two Spool machine. It also has the instruction manual, and the page showing the underbriader shows the word "Eldredge" so it was printed for that specific machine. The instructions I have for the Singer underbraider shows a similar picture, but the word formed is "Singer"

And this is the set for the long Bobbin. They are about the same except for the underbraider and shirring plate. Those two plates look similar, but they are used in different applications. The Shirring plate is only used with the Ruffler.

And the cases.

My 27 year old daughter has a Griest she has had since she was about 12 or so I think it does sew very good. She has not sewn in a long time she has a full time job and getting her masters in Mental Health Social Work.I am so proud of her.Out of all of my moms grandchildren only 2 went to collage to make something of them selves I am just beside myself if no bad luck she will graduate in November of 2014 and dear GOD how I am so proud and will be so glad for her.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:09 PM

Wonderful set .