Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help with 201

Help with 201

A few years back I started collecting old sewing machines. I got several childrens and regular machines. I lost interest with getting more. A couple of weeks ago I got out my 221 to use. Oh what fun!

Then I had a lady call me that had a 301 table she wanted to get rid of and so I bought it. I don't have a 301 but have a 201 and it sets in the table fine.

Anyway, I have been using the 201 and loving it. I do have a question about it. What presser feet work with the 201 and it there a web site that I can find out more about the 201. Any info about this machine would be very welcome.

Also, I am looking for a 301. I see there are several on ebay. What do I need to look for and what is a resonable amount to pay for a 301.
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Sew Classic educates well...at least for me it works well.
    http://blog.sew-classic.com/2008/11/...ne-review.aspx

If you need to clean your race area on the 201, it is easy to do. I followed Rain's method which is found on the blog.
    Here is the link to Rain's blog with information on 201:http://vssmb.blogspot.com/search/label/201-2

I have a 201 in treadle that I LOVE!

Thanks for the sites I have been reading them and already have learned lots! Sorry got to go back to reading!
    Mary

I won't give you 'what is it worth' advice, but only to make certain the bobbin case is with the machine. Otherwise, a replacement bobbin case is about $50!!! Don't ask me how I know this:<

You need short shank attachments. I bought a 201 recently, it needs rewiring so I haven't sewn with her yet. Soon though!
    Warning! If someone comes to your door telling you they are from the government and they're checking to see how bad the ticks are in your area, and then tell you to take off your clothes and dance around so they can check for ticks.... DON'T DO IT!!! This is a scam! They just want to see you naked! I wish someone had told me this yesterday, I feel so stupid.
    http://www.quiltdasher.blogspot.com/...bel/long%20arm

I have a 201, 222K and a 403a. Just about any low-shank presser foot that works with a FW will work on the 201. Now the 403??? I have to buy slant shank feet just for it.

I don't spend enough time on my one machine.
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?