Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: how old is my featherweight

Blog Entries

how old is my featherweight

OK, I have been ask how old my featherweight is, well I don't know. How do I tell. I did not see any serial #'s any where, am I missing something. I would like to know Her age is possible. I know how to look them up if I have a number but no number here. Please help me one more time, lol..... and Louise is sewing just fine.
    Life is SEW great!!!!!!

The serial number should be stamped on the underside, next to one of the feet in a section not covered by the oil pan. I will take a picture of in a little bit.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by misskira View Post
    The serial number should be stamped on the underside, next to one of the feet in a section not covered by the oil pan. I will take a picture of in a little bit.
    You are right, if it had of been a snake I would have been bitten, thanks so much misskira. I now can look Her up.
    Life is SEW great!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by misskira View Post
    misskira, my Louise was born in 1948. She is a proud 64 years old. The same age as my DB that has passed away. It means more to me now than ever.
    Life is SEW great!!!!!!

I'm glad you found it! We got busy today and I just came to post a pic and see its not needed. So neat about the year. It was totally meant to be yours.

So good for you to find one made in that year. It will mean even more to you. Enjoy.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    Mine was born in 1954, the same year I bought one brand new, but when my mother came to visit and saw it, said, "You'll never be able to sew a coat on that little thing," so I took it back. So when I was ready to buy one about 12 years ago I said I wanted a 1954 one, just like the one I had bought new.