Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
I am so excited I can hardly stand it! >

I am so excited I can hardly stand it!

I am so excited I can hardly stand it!

Old 01-11-2014, 11:21 AM

Default I am so excited I can hardly stand it!

One of the machines I refurbished and listed on CL sold. That is not the exciting part although the money for the machine after all of my hard work put into it was nice too. The exciting part is a grandfather bought it for his 12 year old granddaughter that wants to learn how to sew. It is her birthday present.

They bought her one of the newer cutesie plastic teen machines and it fell apart and then another one that broke down so granddaddy called me about the Singer 223. He said he wanted a good machine this time.

I was so excited and thrilled that one of my machines adopted out to a young sewist in the making. He said she wants to sew clothes so I gave him a buttonholer and I also let him choose one of the three small sewing tables I had available as my birthday gift to her. It was such a feel good day for me yesterday. This is what it is all about, giving and inspiring young people to know the value of vintage.

He looked at several more of my machines and said he had a lot of granddaughters that will probably want machines too with a wonderful twinkle in his eye.
I am still doing the happy dance.. I just had to share the joy.
Attached Thumbnails 00x0x_ciljx9o4oku_600x450.jpg  
Old 01-11-2014, 11:31 AM

Sunflowerzz - that's so nice of you. Nothing beats the feeling of being able to help someone. Hats off to you.

PS : we still need to get together for a coffee @ granzellas
Old 01-11-2014, 11:39 AM

great karma!
Old 01-11-2014, 11:45 AM

This is so wonderful and brought tears to my eyes! I am glad this young lady is getting a machine that won't be a nightmare everytime she tries to sew something and will be a faithful companion for decades to come. I am amazed that anyone would like sewing if they are using one of those inexpensive machines being sold today at fabric stores and big box stores. Thank you for what you did and for sharing it with us.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:54 AM

COOL!! I feel the same way when I send one out to someone who really wants to sew.

Good on you.

Joe
Old 01-11-2014, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by vmaniqui View Post
Sunflowerzz - that's so nice of you. Nothing beats the feeling of being able to help someone. Hats off to you.

PS : we still need to get together for a coffee @ granzellas
Thank you, yes lets do that and maybe we can look at some machines for sale in the area.

Originally Posted by oldsewnsew View Post
great karma!
Thank you.

Originally Posted by JudyTheSewer View Post
This is so wonderful and brought tears to my eyes! I am glad this young lady is getting a machine that won't be a nightmare everytime she tries to sew something and will be a faithful companion for decades to come. I am amazed that anyone would like sewing if they are using one of those inexpensive machines being sold today at fabric stores and big box stores. Thank you for what you did and for sharing it with us.
That is exactly what her grandfather said. She was getting discouraged. Poor baby. Smart and loving grandfather she has ( yoda)

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
COOL!! I feel the same way when I send one out to someone who really wants to sew.

Good on you.

Joe
Thank you Joe. I had a call this morning from a lady that wanted it too. She has the same machine and it is getting worn out and she loves it so much she will not buy a different one. She sews on it daily and her ebay business depends on it. So I am keeping a look out for a 223 for her.

Joe[/QUOTE]
Old 01-11-2014, 12:39 PM
Power Poster

That is a sweet little machine and she won't wear that one out!
Old 01-11-2014, 03:12 PM

Aren't you a doll! That's a wonderful story and a really nice Grandpa.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:24 PM

Very nice story thanks for sharing.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:32 PM

That machine will outlast her. It is a good thing you gave her a table. I'd hate to see her try to carry that little pig around.