Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Was I dreaming, or did I see this??? >

Was I dreaming, or did I see this???

Was I dreaming, or did I see this???

Old 07-30-2013, 12:19 PM

Default Was I dreaming, or did I see this???

I think it was a couple of days ago, but I think I saw where someone here had bought a bunch of attachments on e-bay or somewhere else because they wanted just one. Did I read it right? If so, does that person want to sell some of the rest of the attachments? Are there any back clamping attachments? I also want some of the older Singer screw drivers to complete a set of attachments. Any help would be appreciated. As you can see, I really need it!
Janis
Old 07-30-2013, 02:35 PM

Hi Janis,
I sent you a pm.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:45 PM

The screwdrivers can be the hardest thing to find! I've never seen the really old ones with the corkscrew type ends. I've got sets for most of my machines - with the exception of missing many screwdrivers.

I have also bought an assortment to get one foot (or a screwdriver). Twice now I've even bought a machine and cabinet because of the attachments it came with.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:46 PM

I hear ya. I saw a 66 online that had a full set of back-clamping attachments for less than the cost of the attachments. Sometimes I browse categories -- that's how I found that lot. I've seen a picture of the corkscrew screwdriver, but never in real life. You see screwdrivers but they're usually not cheap -- like $5 each. They often got separated -- sometimes I see them in sewing baskets or "junk drawer" type lots.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:29 PM

I know what you mean when you say you bought a machine for the attachments. I did that once. I paid $25-30 for a cabinet model Singer for the attachments. My hubby said the machine was 'junk', which it wasn't, but you have to pick your battles, and I did with this one. I got a picot maker & hemstitcher attachment as well as the usual short shank attachments, and DRUM ROLL!!!!!! a PINKER!!!!! And I left the machine there with a bobbin. They ended up pricing the machine for $20.00 after I left it. I'd gotten what I wanted from it. Don't even remember which Singer it was.
I've never seen a corkscrew screwdriver. What did they come with? I'm looking for the ones that started out as a rod of metal and then was curved into a screwdriver and handle all in one.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:19 AM

The other place the screwdrivers got to is little boys' Meccano sets.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:17 PM

Janis or others, I have a container of old parts and I know there is some back clamping feet. Have company here for next 2 weeks so can not get to them. Had planned to get things sorted then take to Fl in Nov to put for sale. Have NO glass feet though. It's not that I want a lot for them but I have to be sure I check my vintage machines first. I have saved an old buttonholer for the last 3 months to give to Joe M's collection. I have over 10 machines but many have parts put with them already.
I will try to get things ready to sell asap.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mornigstar View Post
Janis or others, I have a container of old parts and I know there is some back clamping feet. Have company here for next 2 weeks so can not get to them. Had planned to get things sorted then take to Fl in Nov to put for sale. Have NO glass feet though. It's not that I want a lot for them but I have to be sure I check my vintage machines first. I have saved an old buttonholer for the last 3 months to give to Joe M's collection. I have over 10 machines but many have parts put with them already.
I will try to get things ready to sell asap.
That would be great! I'll play nice with Janis. I have no backclamping feet except for the SS that's on the machine, so I'll buy what Janis doesn't want.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:29 PM

Morningstar, please let Sheila (Sheluma) and me know what you have when you are ready to sell them and we can see what we need or want that you have. Our machines don't use the glass feet, so that's not an issue for us. From what I've learned, I think that just the early Singer 66's are the only ones with the back clamping feet. I might be wrong.
Janis
Old 07-31-2013, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Janis View Post
got a picot maker & hemstitcher attachment as well as the usual short shank attachments, and DRUM ROLL!!!!!! a PINKER!!!!!
What a coup!!