Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I have acquired a Singer Model 237 and a Brother Riviera 1681-M

I have acquired a Singer Model 237 and a Brother Riviera 1681-M

I am looking for any information on these two machines, maining does anyone know when they were manufactured. Any other opinons (reviews) will be most appreciated. TIA.

Blog Entries
    you might find a manual at singer co for the 237 at http://www.singerco.com/accessories/instruction-manuals
    I don't know anything about finding Brother manuals - maybe they have a website.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Interested in selling?

Hi! I'm just curious if you are interested in parting with the Brother 1681? It is a long story but I recently dropped my wife's sewing machine that her grandma left her. I am trying to get the parts to fix it for her. They were very close and she is devastated.

Thanks!
    Mike

Singer was made between 1967 and 1968 the Fashion Mate model is an all metal zig zag machine. Manual can be found on the singerco.com website. :-) i have one like it.

Quote Originally Posted by raginasian73 View Post
    It is a long story but I recently dropped my wife's sewing machine that her grandma left her. I am trying to get the parts to fix it for her. They were very close and she is devastated. Thanks!Mike
    You don't give your location Mike, do you have an OSMG (Old Sewing Machine Guy) in your area? He might be able to find you parts for the Brother 1681. Also if you could post a photo of the sewing machine it would help further identify the machine and a possible doner machine with similar part. What parts are damaged? Gotta get you out of your very large doghouse.
    Sweet Caroline