Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I made a video....

I made a video....

Does anyone care to see it? I made a quick clip of my black 306w, on the treadle stand, making a few stitches. Can I post that here, or does it need to be hosted somewhere and just linked here? Or if no one cares to see my foolishness.... I can just put it up on "the book of face" because all of my friends all ready know I am odd.

Dan.

Are u kidding...we'd love to see it! post away my friend!!!
    SUEB

This is the link ( might not work yet as the video is still uploading )
    http://youtu.be/tu-0Vd6FLPo.

Really a poor first attempt, no editing was done it is just because I am so happy that the machine works I just had to share.
    Last edited by greywuuf; 04-08-2012 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Fat fingers and poor spelling

Wow, pretty cool. So smooth.

Blog Entries
    Wow, thanks for sharing the video with us.

Quote Originally Posted by greywuuf View Post
    This is the link ( might not work yet as the video is still uploading )
    http://youtu.be/tu-0Vd6FLPo.

Really a poor first attempt, no editing was done it is just because I am so happy that the machine works I just had to share.
    ♥ Craftybear♥ Google Goddess Surfing Queen of Links ♥
    http://quiltingforbeginners.blogspot.com/
    http://quiltinglibraryworldwide.blogspot.com/

Dan,

Ha ha ha I got a laugh out of your treadle. Clink, clunk, clink, clunk. My #1 treadle did the same thing until I adjusted it.

Nice machine too, but I've never seen one used as a treadle machine. All the ones I've seen before have been electric.

Your treadle probably has a metal pitman rod assembly. Here's how to adjust one if you don't already know. ( At least it's how I adjusted mine.)
    You'll need a short flat wide blade screw driver and a wrench. A Crescent wrench is the easiest way to go.

OK, first check out my picture.
    A: Rotate the treadle plate till the back of it is as high up as it will go.
    B: Put the screw driver blade in the slot of the adjusting screw from underneath.
    C: Using the wrench loosen the lock nut (bottom one) that's holding the adjusting screw while holding it with the screwdriver.
    D: Unscrew the lock nut and take it off.
    E: Remove the ball socket from the treadle plate.
    F: Clean it thoroughly.
    G: Oil it good and reassemble it.
    H: Carefully adjust it so it doesn't clink, clunk, and doesn't bind. You don't want it too tight.
    Also when tightening the lock nut the adjusting screw will tighten up to so you have to test often.

Mine had 100 years of solidified oil in it and I simply couldn't tighten it up. Once cleaned I got it so it doesn't clink, clunk when I use it.

The Chinese reproduction pitman assemblies has a spring loaded plunger in the adjusting screw to cushion the ball socket as it moves. I wish the old Singer ones did.

Joe
    Attached Images Attached Images  

What a beautiful machine, now if you could do some FMQ, that would be really exciting!

Joe,
    Actually no, mine is an old style wooden pitman. (made 1900) I have adjusted all of the moving joints with the exception of the lower pitman joint. The reason I have not is that to get to the little adjustment screw I need to pull it away from the wall and get behind it.

Someday soon, but I still wanted to get the video up.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed it.

Blog Entries
    Great video. Have fun with it!! Post more and often!!
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast