Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: I think we've gone crazy! Vintage machines left and right!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkCastleDH View Post
    I think we're going to have to scale it back some...after the Free that we're going to take a look at tomorrow, and the later model 66 in a nice looking cabinet that I found on Craigslist, and the 201 that SWMBO seems desperate for and, maybe, the rough 27 that I'm bidding on....

The 128 arrived today. The machine is in nice shape but the bentwood case is the worse for shipping . The dome's fine but some of the base is split (probably because the cardboard was flexible enough to let the machine's weight tear it out) and I need to figure out how to repair it.
    What a shame the case is split. If you purchased from Ebay, make sure you contact the seller or put in a claim with Ebay. That is one thing you need to ask about on Ebay before purchase - ask how it will be packed for shipping. Good luck and send pics when you can!
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

Blog Entries
    I am also a old sewing machine collector. One thing I would like to know how can I display all my sewing machine so others that come to my house can enjoy them to. I have a small sewing room which is 8x10 feet with a full size closet so having extra space is hard to do for just displaying sewing machines. Anyone have any good ideas. I now have 13 sewing machines and they are all different and some of them are very pretty.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmahoney View Post
    I am also a old sewing machine collector. One thing I would like to know how can I display all my sewing machine so others that come to my house can enjoy them to. I have a small sewing room which is 8x10 feet with a full size closet so having extra space is hard to do for just displaying sewing machines. Anyone have any good ideas. I now have 13 sewing machines and they are all different and some of them are very pretty.
    grandmahoney, I'm thinking about going vertical with shelves to display my lighter weight machines. My sewing room is small also 10x9 but I have 10' ceilings. I think I'm going to get those wood shelves with the pretty brackets that they have at Lowes. Will consult my PO (prof org not parole officer...LOL) I have a 4' folding table with 2 machines on it, as well as the sewing cabinet with my embroidery machine on it plus an L shaped computer desk in the room. Still have floor space so it works!!

I love those old Singers. You really have some treasures there. They are beautiful.

Wow! You have some great machines.

What a nice collections of the oldies and goodies.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

those are simply beautiful machines! i'm laughing at your story, though, because i'm living the same one! we've bought 3 vintage machines in the past month - and i thought i was bad. i was thinking i needed to join a 12 step program for machine addicts, but after reading everyone's stories . . . now i think i need to buy MORE!

Quote Originally Posted by oregongirl View Post
    those are simply beautiful machines! i'm laughing at your story, though, because i'm living the same one! we've bought 3 vintage machines in the past month - and i thought i was bad. i was thinking i needed to join a 12 step program for machine addicts, but after reading everyone's stories . . . now i think i need to buy MORE!
    The members of another group I'm a member of (dealing with antique woodworking tools) humorously refer to themselves as "The support group from hell". Sort of like going to an AA meeting and being handed a single-malt to help you relax before speaking in front of a group

Blog Entries
    You have the start of a beautiful collection. You and DH have great taste and a good eye for machines. Sewing machines in cabnets make wonderful endtables. After 22 machines you have to get creative on where to put them.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkCastleDH View Post
    I think we're going to have to scale it back some...after the Free that we're going to take a look at tomorrow, and the later model 66 in a nice looking cabinet that I found on Craigslist, and the 201 that SWMBO seems desperate for and, maybe, the rough 27 that I'm bidding on....
    Well, the Free didn't work out - something about it just didn't talk to us. In fact we did an antiquing run yesterday and didn't bring home a single machine! Didn't win the 27, either. It won't last through the weekend, I'm sure.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast