Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Jaw Dropping Price on Featherweight! >

Jaw Dropping Price on Featherweight!

Jaw Dropping Price on Featherweight!

Old 10-04-2016, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by Eva Knight View Post
Yep, my niece sold my Mother's featherweight at a yard sale for $35.00. I didn't know it was being sold until after the fact. Makes me so mad. She should have ask me if I wanted it before she sold it. I don't even want to talk to her.
My sister had a stroke about 6 months before she died. I sent her many quilts over the years, including and at least three while she was in the nursing home. Without telling anyone, my nephew had an estate sale and cleared everything out of her house including all my quilts. The only way his sister and I found out was through a neighbor who said they boxed up everything and sold the boxes for about $15 each. She said she thinks the Amish bought up all the quilts! He never asked either of us if we wanted anything! My only solace is that I know Amish appreciate quilts so I hope they got a good home! Neither his sister nor I are speaking to him either.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:22 AM

OH, Jan, that makes me sick to my stomach. I just don't understand how people can be so inconsiderate and heartless! Even if the person doesn't see value in someone's possessions, the right thing to do is to at least ASK family what they want. But to just box things up and sell for pennies to get them out of one's way is really, really selfish and utterly disrespectful. I'm so sorry that you experienced that loss on top of losing your beloved sister.
Old 10-05-2016, 03:51 AM

ZOZEE, your comment says it all. I appreciate your feedback. Thanks. Jan
Old 10-11-2016, 08:31 AM

I got one for $20, right down the road from my house. My brother was at the garage sale and called me to come look at it. I paid the $$$ and got away ASAP. The seller didn't think it worked because the BC was installed wrong.

Today I'm going to work on one I paid $100 for. I had to buy one part, and I'm going to ask $250....hope I can get that much.
Old 10-11-2016, 05:13 PM

I feel your pain Zo.