Junky bobbins

Old 10-17-2010, 02:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Evie
I have an old Singer and have gotten bobbins and other items for it from the Sewing Shop in Arizona. They have a wide-range of Singer items and service and prices are excellent. They can be reached at: http://www.sewingshop.com/
I just looked and they are way more expensive than I am. Either that or I do not charge enough for my parts..... :roll: :lol:

Billy
Old 10-17-2010, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by Evie
I have an old Singer and have gotten bobbins and other items for it from the Sewing Shop in Arizona. They have a wide-range of Singer items and service and prices are excellent. They can be reached at: http://www.sewingshop.com/
I just looked and they are way more expensive than I am. Either that or I do not charge enough for my parts..... :roll: :lol:

Billy
Geez, Billy, I didn't know you sold parts! I'll have to keep you in mind the next time I need something. Thanks for the heads up. :)
Old 10-17-2010, 07:18 PM

I sew on old Singers, and I have found that when I buy new Singer metal bobbins only a couple out of the package are good and the rest are wonky. I usually end up digging through my bobbins for an old one to use. You have to look at them from the side and see if they are straight and even.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:44 PM

Some bobbins, even Singer have one that is flat top and bottom and one that is a little rounded. My aunt was having a problem until she realized she was using the wrong ones for her machine. I keep 2 sets I have 3 machines , one with flat 2 rounded.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:19 PM

I agree, check with Billy, I think he has most everything for older machines.

quote=sueisallaboutquilts]Check with Billy (lostn51)[/quote]
Old 10-22-2010, 07:44 AM

Just use the Embr. machine you will learn to love her Have had the Janome 11000 for many years and she doesn't need to go for repairs may be twice in ten years use your bells and whistles
Old 10-25-2010, 04:28 PM

I to have had a lot of problems with bobbins, not only singer but also my white and sears. I think it's the bobbins themselves. I've had to take thread off bobbins that were pre threaded too.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Twilliebee
I don't know if this would help, but I really like the Magic Genie bobbin inserts. It's just a like piece of teflon you drop into the bobbin case to prevent friction. They were invented by Sharon Schamber. I got mine online but if you live in a larger centre they are probably in the stores.
In the factory, the "genie" was actually a piece of muslin, cut to fit into the bobbin case, with a drop of oil on it once in awhile. Either way, you may find that most of your bobbin problems disappear with the addition. <wave>