Machine Shed Update

Old 01-23-2015, 10:02 AM

Default Machine Shed Update

Here is the outside - it's done and ready for paint - when spring comes. It's most likely going to be red like the rest of the outbuildings. We do plan on redoing the outside (including roof) of the other half when the warm weather returns.

And the inside - sheetrock is up and DH is starting to tape. We'll put the interior wall up after he has shell finished. About 1/4 to 1/3 will be for the workroom. That's very important to me, so I'm willing to give up display room for it.

Besides, this "Museum" is going to be more of an Online/Traveling show. I will try to accommodate people that come to see it in person, but that isn't it's main purpose.

The workroom is going in this corner. We don't have the door up yet, so the opening is closed off with a sheet of OSB from the other side.

And the wall with the window removed from the Family Farmhouse (btw - with the early snow they didn't get it bulldozed like they planned, so it's still standing and family is still removing wood and other parts). I'm not taking anymore though.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:20 AM

What is the building you've added on to ? I like the way you did the ceiling. when I remodeled here, I did a vaulted ceiling, 8' to 13' 8".. which gave me space for paintings, pain to dust .

when he muds the dry wall it will freeze on the towel LOLOL. He son's talking about moving to Dickson/ Dickerson ? ND. I ask him " you know how cold it is up there ? "
Old 01-23-2015, 11:57 AM

the building is fully insulated, like a house. So it's heated enough not to be a problem.

We didn't really "add on" as there were two buildings there to start. We took down the older side and rebuilt it much taller. Old one was so low DH would hit his head on the roof supports.

The other half we had converted into a greenhouse/chicken coop/summer kitchen several years ago. Last summer we built a separate chicken coop and opened that end up for more room for the Summer Kitchen. The new coop is that smaller red building on the side. We built it to go next to the shop, but did not foresee that the chickens would like hanging around on the cement apron - we got tired of stepping around droppings so decided to put it back to the other side of the courtyard.

We went taller mostly in case we decide at a later date to use this as a woodworking shop- lots of room to swing around a 8' board without taking out lights.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:02 PM
Banned

Cathy,

Consider working in a "photo spot" into the space so when you are looking to take pic for the online part, you will have a consistant background and lighting.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:32 PM

That is looking so good...you will be all set up in there in no time.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:59 PM

Boy, you are professional in your work. Looks really pretty. Bet you can hardly wait.
Old 01-23-2015, 04:12 PM

Cathy,

Looking good!

My wife asked me if that little building to the left of the new part is an outhouse?

Joe
Old 01-23-2015, 06:38 PM

Very nice building! You and your husband are also fast workers. That's going to look good when you're done. I can't wait to see how you display your machines in there.
Rodney
Old 01-24-2015, 03:45 AM

Always fun to see your progress photos. All is going well - you two are doing a great job!
Old 01-24-2015, 05:53 AM

Your space looks inviting already! It's a lot of work, but you are going to have so many pleasant hours in there. Just wonderful! Thanks for sharing the progress.