Another machine shed update

Old 05-03-2015, 08:38 AM

Default Another machine shed update

finally done painting the walls/ceiling. There is still work to do with the doors/windows/trim, but that will wait until the workshop is set up and I can use it!

DH also rented a mini excavator and got the wires hooked up. We had a temporary hook up prior to this. While he was add it, it ran underground wires to the boat shed (cabinet storage area) also.

the wires use to run overhead between these two buildings, and it wasn't all that far overhead . . . plus they were in bad shape and needed to be replaced.

Yard will look like a mess for a while, can't put out seed as these guys think it's a wonderful treat.

Next step is getting the outlets installed, and then I can using it!
Old 05-03-2015, 08:49 AM

Looking really good. Bet you can't wait.

Pat
Old 05-03-2015, 11:59 AM

Looking good! I remember the number my free range Chickens did on the yard. No chance to reseed.
Old 05-03-2015, 12:09 PM

It looks really great! I like the two antique windows inside. Display cabinet? I started remodeling my bathroom about 6 years ago. I got it to where we could use it so we started using it and construction stopped. I just finished it except for a little caulk and paint on some trim right before I went in for surgery. Long story short: If you're a procrastinator like me, don't wait to finish it. It could be a while before you get back to it.
The underground wires do a lot to clean up the appearance of a building. Nice job.
Rodney
Old 05-03-2015, 12:17 PM
Power Poster

​It won't be long now!
Old 05-03-2015, 01:47 PM

Rodney, those windows are between the workroom and the display room. The workroom has no window, so this helps let in light and can also be used to assist with ventilation. The workroom will have an exhaust fan vented to the side (DH does not like holes in the roof). Both rooms will have ceiling fans installed, but they won't have lights on them.

Back to those old windows, not quite antique as the house they came out of was built in the 1920's. They are the two side windows of a three window set of piano windows in the house I grew up in.

Here is an old picture showing the window in the background. This is some of siblings and cousins for my 4th birthday.

Old 05-03-2015, 03:39 PM

I didn't look at the location closely enough. I see the other room behind them now though. A very nice idea for re-using them and a great look though. That's a great picture of you and all the other kids crowded around that cake.
Rodney
Old 05-03-2015, 06:30 PM

DH and I went over the electrical layout - he says it should only take a few days, and I'll be happy if it's done before the weekend. I have to be in the office most of the week, and that means I'm on the road before 6am, and don't get home until after 6pm- so not much time for anything else- unless I want to forgo sleep.
Old 05-04-2015, 12:10 PM

That looks really nice. It has been fun to watch the progress of the construction.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:36 PM

Great job your both doing, it will look great. Does already.