Machines surrounding me

Old 08-12-2013, 02:55 PM

Default Machines surrounding me

I am sitting at the dinning room table on my pc, eating a sandwich for dinner and I look around to all the machines in the dinning room, yeah the trunk load from this week end along with my milkglass I just listed on ebay and I told my husband sitting at the far end, Omg look at us.... we look like a bunch of hoarders! All I got was an eyebrow... I guess I look like a hoarder.............. lol
Old 08-12-2013, 04:23 PM

hehehe - you have no sympathy from me! This is my living room/library after one of our "runs" into the Cities.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:33 PM

Omg.. Macybaby wth are you doing with all those? omg... ROCK ON!
Old 08-12-2013, 05:32 PM

Awesome!!!!! You Rock Macybaby!!
Old 08-12-2013, 06:01 PM

Come on Girliegirl - I showed mine - you show yours! This is so DH does not think I'm the only one who has machines all over. Yes, he has his but according to him - that's different . . .

I'm also addicted to taking pictures - my life became so much better with the advent of digital photography! Remember back when we had to be careful what we took pictures of as they cost about .25 each for film and developing?

Now I have a 16gig card and I can take several pictures of EVERYTHING (and I do, too).
Old 08-12-2013, 06:08 PM
Power Poster

Omg! I've never seen sew many machines. The LQS I went to this weekend didn't have this many. Passed on a Singer w/o the cabinet and manual for $49.00 at the Goodwill down the road. Am going to see if it's still there this weekend. Just didn't seem right to buy it when I was informed (I think he's wrong)by DH that we set 2 on the curb. I only remember one and I didn't set it on the curb. ((((( had a different cord on it and no belt but couldn't find the bobbin case nor other feet. Will keep looking.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:16 PM

I called this my "Ladies in Waiting". Many have been restored by DH now, and are in their homes.

Though that was before I loaded up all the batting on my frame . . .
Old 08-13-2013, 04:34 AM

I want the one next to the red eye.... what is it called? I WANT IT IF IT IS FOR GRABS......
Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
I called this my "Ladies in Waiting". Many have been restored by DH now, and are in their homes.

Though that was before I loaded up all the batting on my frame . . .
Old 08-13-2013, 04:35 AM

i WILL take pictures and post them... but I think you have me beat.... i am at 26?? i think, maybe one more or one less...
Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Come on Girliegirl - I showed mine - you show yours! This is so DH does not think I'm the only one who has machines all over. Yes, he has his but according to him - that's different . . .

I'm also addicted to taking pictures - my life became so much better with the advent of digital photography! Remember back when we had to be careful what we took pictures of as they cost about .25 each for film and developing?

Now I have a 16gig card and I can take several pictures of EVERYTHING (and I do, too).
Old 08-13-2013, 06:01 AM

Shirley,

The one next to the red eye is a Singer 27 with the Spinx decals I believe.

I to have no sympathy for you either. I lost count at 40, counted again at 61, sold some and now flat refuse to count how many machines I have around here.
I have my favorites I use, those I've bought to service then flip, and my wife has her favorites. Then there's those I just like so I have a hard time getting rid of them.
Hoarder? Naw. Collector? Naw. I just like them.

Joe