Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Maybe in need of a replacement machine. Suggestions?

Will add that to my list of machines. Haha!
    Proud owner of: Eleanor, a 1896 Willcox & Gibbs Chain Stitch Treadle; Tucci, a 1952 Singer Featherweight; my mothers Singer Touch & Sew 758; Brother XR 6060
    1910 Singer 66; Singer 99K Shadow, 1929 Singer 128 (currently w/hand crank)

Blog Entries
    I would suggest a 15-91 or 201. Both are great machines!
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

I just bought a Janome Horizon and love it. The harp is lg enough to get a quilt in there. It cuts thread, threads the needle, has a built in walking foot, knee lifter so you can keep your hands on the fabric while chain peicing w/o having to lift and lower the foot by hand. Love it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittywolf13 View Post
    Some of you know i have a touch & sew 758 that kind of works. I Haven't had time to work on her anymore but I wanted to get some suggestions, in the event that I can't get her running what do you guys suggest I replace her with? (I probably won't toss the machine. Probably shelve it) my requirements are simple:

Electirc (I'm sure shes not terriably interested in treadling her self. Thinks its cool though)
    Just straight stitch is fine (she never used the cams on her 758)
    Reverse
    and simple to thread/wind the bobbin. (she is apperantly bobbin challenged like me! Haha)
    Singer preferred simply because she wants to keep the cabinet. (but if you think it will fit then I'm game for other brands!
    And no "plastic fantastic" :P

Any suggestions?? This is my mothers machine so it will be for her. Thanks in advance!
    Jesus knows all my imperfections yet he still loves me. Amazing!

Blog Entries
    Do they let you test out Janome machines? I had one I hated - it wouldn't sew over anything more than 2 layers.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

very cool! i think im going to try fixing my old Brother LS 1217 for her and if that doesnt work then i will be considering all the lovely suggestions ive received!
    Proud owner of: Eleanor, a 1896 Willcox & Gibbs Chain Stitch Treadle; Tucci, a 1952 Singer Featherweight; my mothers Singer Touch & Sew 758; Brother XR 6060
    1910 Singer 66; Singer 99K Shadow, 1929 Singer 128 (currently w/hand crank)

I love the 201 and the 401a.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2