Model 15 Adjuster's Manual?

Old 07-24-2015, 06:37 PM

I knocked the needlebar height out of adjustment when I was unsticking the machine. I got lucky on guessing where it was supposed to be when I put things back together. II had a White 77 briefly but didn't have to do more than clean and oil it. I'm not much help on that one.
Rodney
Old 07-25-2015, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
I knocked the needlebar height out of adjustment when I was unsticking the machine.
I read that after posting. Sorry for not reading that properly Rodney. I'd have put money on you easily fixing it up though
Old 07-26-2015, 09:33 PM

Well, it turns out that I have 5 different copies of the same manual - 15-91 Adjuster's Manual with 3 different file sizes. I think that might be a hint it's time to clean up a little!

Donna, have you checked the timing on the White? Assuming it's the same set up as the White Rotary I just worked on, needle flat to the right too? Does that one turn the handwheel clockwise (opposite of a Singer) to operate? The easiest way to tell that - assuming that the machine hasn't been really messed with is to what the "four motion feed" of the dogs. It should feed backwards when they're at the top. The white rotary would feed forward if I turned the handwheel forward (counter clockwise). Those are the 3 major ones I ran into timing-wise working on a white this week. Others were needlebar too low and needle striking the hook intermittently.