Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
A most unusual White attachment, understated condition by seller! >

A most unusual White attachment, understated condition by seller!

A most unusual White attachment, understated condition by seller!

Old 08-07-2014, 06:55 AM

Here are the two I have.

The gold is side clamp (straight) and the other is bar clamp for White.

Here is the bar clamp one. So far I have not encountered this type of attachment setup for anything other than White. I keep looking though. To make this fit, you'd remove the top clamp attachment point from the presser bar (loosen set screw and slip it off) and put this on in it's place.

I do know that White top clamp machines have a longer distance between bar and needle than most machines, so what fits White won't fit Free or National. Please remember that White eventually went to Side clamp (like Singer) so you will find newer White attachments that are the same as what fits Singer.

And for a test - here are two blind hemmers - which one fits the top clamp style White?

Old 08-07-2014, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
It's nice you appreciate the condition of the item! I had one similar to this(in excellent condition) that I sold on ebay and the buyer contacted me that she didn't "like" the shipping charge and could I just put it in a padded envelope....don't think so!!! I politely let her know proper shipping was the ONLY way I sent things and I don't throw anything vintage or that needed to arrive in one piece in an envelope.

I so, so wish I ran into more sellers that felt like you. I've had so many metal attachment boxes show up with the top lid jammed down tight over the bottom becuase the seller thought it would be OK to ship in a padded envelope - no matter what I paid for shipping. So now if I care about the box (if it's junk already and I only want the contents, I don't worry about it) I always ask first.

Had one seller tell me I'd have to pay extra if I wanted it shipped in a box. I responded that it was their responsibly to make sure it got to me undamaged, I was just trying to give them a "heads up"