Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Moving machines around - again. . . >

Moving machines around - again. . .

Moving machines around - again. . .

Old 01-11-2016, 07:33 AM

Default Moving machines around - again. . .

Yesterday I got the three new shelves installed, now I have four on the west wall. I just put in machines to get them out of the way (they were all behind the long arm) and now I need to arrange them.

I still have some in the house, and decided the Non- North American machines will go in the house. This includes the two Ankers, the Morse, the pink Necchi and the blue White (japanese made). I have room for these five upstairs, on the top shelf where I'm putting my fabric.

I also have my display in the dining room, and will keep my FW collection there (except the one in the table that is in the shed). I got to thinking and decided I'd move my newer Singers inside, and keep the older ones outside (of those not in cabinets).

I need to keep one row for the Whites, and that leaves me 21 spots for Singers.

I want to have a good selection of IF's (15) and VS(27/127/128) and then see what else there is room for.

this would be
Early IF - no bobbin winder and foot presser knob on arm of machine
IF, early bobbin winder, foot presser knob on head (I think this one became the 15-1)
15-30, I have a couple of these, I think I'll display the RAF one.
15-91, also have a couple, I think I'll display the "silver" one.
15-75
15-125 (green)

To round it out, I think I'll put my Owl Decal 115 with. Probably right under the 15-30.

Then for the VS
VS-1, this one has narrow slide plates
VS-2
27, I have a couple of these, I think I'll display the Pheasant decal one.
* I do have a 28K handcrank that will stay in the house
127 - I do have a very nice Sphinx decal machine, but it's still in the house. I think it may be my only "nice" 127. I have several parts ones.
128 - godzilla finish electric. not sure what sub
128-8 Godzilla (this is the "Standard Hexigon" model)
* I have an earlier 128 with LaVincedora decals in a knee lever case that stays in the house. It fits in a special cabinet.

Next group
W9
66-1, red eye, back clamp (lotus will stay in the house)
66-? plain decal, side clamp, no reverse - I think this one has the old bobbin winder, not sure though.
66-? Godzilla finish, side clamp, reverse
99 - I have several so I'll pick out two to go with this group, or maybe three and put the W9 with the VS group. It would be an early one with the old style bobbin winder, then one with reverse, and if I go with three, I'd bring out the super nice 99k31 I have. Though that last one is in a cabinet and I'd want to keep it that way. Though I could trade it with the Domestic 158 cabinet I've got out there.

Keeping that 99 in the cabinet would be good as I also wanted to bring out the little 24 hand crank model, so I'd need room for it. I have one narrow shelf because of the outlet, and the 24 would fit there if I take it off the base.

Note- the fourth row will be for the Whites.

I have four cabinets in with the long arm, along with the Singer Hemstitcher and Patcher, and US Blindstitch machine

The cabinet models include
221 black FW - in the FW cabinet (with lift)
301 two tone short bed, in trapizod cabinet
401A - curved leg cabinet
*** - Queen Anne cabinet that needs the screw holes fixed. Hmm, forgot about needing a machine for this one, it's set up for a newer machine, so probably the 500

I also have a 101 and 201 in the house. The 101 is a cabinet only model, and the 201 I have in the cabinet my Mom had when I was learning to sew. I learned on a 201, so I want to keep that machine in that cabinet, and that one stays in the house because it's "special".

I'd love to bring the Singer 12 to the shed. Actually, I'd like to swap it out for a later 12 hand crank machine.

I'm really only missing one machine for the "collection" and that is the WW #8. Then I'll have one machine for each needle/shuttle in the Boye display case. I'd not have a Singer 12 except I need one for that collection.

Old 01-11-2016, 07:57 AM

LOL I bet you are good at Tetris too, right?

This project is amazing Cathy!
Old 01-11-2016, 08:55 AM

How much are the entry tickets to your museum?
Old 01-11-2016, 10:35 AM
Power Poster

Just amazing!
Old 01-11-2016, 11:28 AM

Oh Cathy!! Those machines in the pic are displayed so nice and are soooo pretty! Lots of work but I'm sure when you are all done it will be fantastic!!
Old 01-11-2016, 11:41 AM
Power Poster

You must have massive biceps from moving all those machines! Much better then weight lifting and you have a nice display to show for it.
Old 01-11-2016, 01:01 PM

I think your arranging has the makings of a very good logic puzzle. "Determine the year, brand, and make of each sewing machine, its unique feature, which shelf and which building it was displayed in." : )
Old 01-11-2016, 01:05 PM

All I can say is WOW!!! Awesome collection.
Old 01-11-2016, 05:24 PM

That picture is so awesome. Makes me just want to look and look. You are coming right along, so exciting.
Old 01-11-2016, 05:46 PM

Cathy-

I really (really) like the look of the shelves with machines at the top of this thread. You have a good eye for display. Very nicely done.

John