my husband making gear

Old 02-07-2014, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
My husband is a left handed shooter - and he also has high checkbones and rarely finds a stock pad that he likes, and he really needs one to shoot comfortably. He's one of those "slap him until he stops using the left hand" kids, so he eats and writes with his right hand. He is left eye dominate, and his Grandpa taught him how to shoot and didn't care which way he held the gun.

BTW - the one in the picture was for me, so it's right handed.

I kept telling him it was OK for him to use my machine, but he wasn't happy until he had his own.

Yesterday he made himself a cell phone holder - he's getting pretty good at this. He says he has no interest in quilting, however he did buy himself a walking foot so he could have better results when he's stitching two layers of fabric with padding in between . . .
My husband also eats and writes with his right hand but does everything else left handed...and left footed. Don't think he was slapped as a child, just naturally ambidextrous.

I love a man who sews! Even if it is only to make cartridge carriers and cell phone holders! And who wants his own machine!
Old 02-07-2014, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by mme3924 View Post
My husband also eats and writes with his right hand but does everything else left handed...and left footed. Don't think he was slapped as a child, just naturally ambidextrous.

I love a man who sews! Even if it is only to make cartridge carriers and cell phone holders! And who wants his own machine!
mme3924, if you love a man who sews and wants his own machine, then now, for a limited time, thanks to Macybaby's patented new technology, you can Make Your Own!!!

:-)
Old 02-07-2014, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by mme3924 View Post
Even if he has more than 20 machines?
Old 02-07-2014, 04:31 PM
Power Poster

This is very cool. There is an old story in my family that my Great uncle converted an old singer into a jig- saw, way back during the depression, and made filigree wood cuttings into boxes. It it is a true story or not, I don't know, but I do have a wooden box with an ivy patterned filigree. It is about as big as a cigar box. I love it and keep my sewing tools in it.
peace