Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: My Janome Gem 760

My Janome Gem 760

I know this isn't a vintage machine but I have a problem. I was using a mechanic magnetic bowl to hold my pin. My mistake . I set it on top of my sewing machine. Now when I try to do fancy stitches it will only sew back wards. So that was not to bad as I don't use those stitches very often anyway. Now it has decided to sew on it own. When I turn the machine on it is okay but once I sew it does not want to stop. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix these issues or do I have to take it to the dealer?

Thanks.

You probably have to take it in. The magnets in the bottoms of those bowls are pretty stout; it probably messed up your mother board.

I did not have a magnetic bowl on one of my janome machines but, it was the 9000 and it would just keep sewing when I would take my foot off. I took it in to the dealer numerous times and it would never do it for them. I would bring it home and the same thing would happen. They never did find out the cause of it. Hope you have better luck!!

I had the same problem with my 7700 where it would keep sewing. My dealer gave me a different foot pedal which corrected the problem,

Recently there was a lengthy discussion on the Bernina Yahoo group about magnets and the CBT (certified Bernina tech) said that there is NO danger of magnets damaging a computer sewing machine. I am just saying what he repeated several times. He has a website and really is a CBT. I think he ought to know.

My computer geek friend says that magnets only screw up hard drives not mother boards. That being said I don't get them near my machine. I have a friend who has a little magnet thing that she attaches to the top of her machine for her pins and doesn't have a problem. Who knows

Thanks everyone, I guess I will take it in to the shop for repair