Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My new featherweight arrived!

Blog Entries

My new featherweight arrived!

My new to me featherweight just arrived from the UPS girl! I got her on ebay for $152.00.. Considering I paid almost double that for my first one I was thrilled! She was born on 11/05/36 and needs some help! She runs quietly but I haven't tried to sew on her yet. One of her owners did a paint job on her and covered the decals! Also she's missing a tension dial, the things with the numbers. I'm sure someone on here can lead me to the place to get them. TIA. I am not sure how to upload a pic of her from my phone but I will try later (my kids took my camera on vacation and I haven't seen it since!)

Blog Entries
    I couldn't figure out how to add this to my first post
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Well, she's cute but a little "naked" without her decals. I've just popped onto this thread to see how to clean a Featherweight but hopefully one of the "professional" vintage machiners will be here soon to help you! I think you can get new decals etc. if you're interested in that.

Blog Entries
    She looks like a good machine to sew with. Sew-Classic.com will have parts at a reasonable price. If you have questions, just ask Jennie. She will guide you in the right direction. Be careful of places that "scalp" on FW parts prices. She should be able to find help for you. Also, for decals, try "singer decals" on a a general search. You will probably want to do some paint work before the decals are installed. They should be around $20. Try http://www.keelersales.com/servlet/C...ategory=Decals. Good Luck.
    Donna Quilts
    We help the wounded soldiers.

Your Featherweight may not have had a numbered tension dial, early ones did not. I have my grandmothers 1928 66 and the tension dial looks just like that. But you can get a relpacement with the numberd dial that they aren't terribly expensive. Try: http://www.221parts.com/screw.htm

Blog Entries
    I wasn't sure if she had one or not but when I sewed on her the tension is perfect! The decals I found on ebay but I haven't bought them yet. I DO need to try and repaint her before hand., so I have to read up on that part!

I hope you enjoy your FW. I am still looking for one.

Blog Entries
    I have a 1936 FW also. The older ones do not have numbers on the tension thingy.
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

That is a sweet little machine, even if she is naked! I'm sure you will enjoy sewing with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy2201 View Post
    I couldn't figure out how to add this to my first post
    The tension assembly is correct for this machine, the numbered tension assembly came later on, in about the 1940s.
    You shouldn't have any problem sewing with your machine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast