Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need help with machine problem

Blog Entries

Cool Need help with machine problem

I've always gone to Billy with my problems but haven't heard anything about him lately and don't want to bother him if he is still having health issues. Does anyone know how he is or know someone else I can go to with a question? I have an old singer model 66 and have bought parts from Billy and got it fixed up to look pretty good and thought it was sewing alright but having a problem with the thread catching under the bobbin. I peiced quilt blocks on it and it sewed good until I ran out of bobbin thread. I filled another bobbin and can't get it going again. The top thread is going down and catching underneath the bobbin. I turned the machine up and looked under it and you can see the thread caught under the bobbin. Does anyone know what would cause that or someone that might be able to help me?
    I would appreciate any help I could get.

Thank you, sassy granny

Try another bobbin. You may have a burr on the bobbin you are using. Also check to be certain you have the bobbin inserted correctly with the thread tail in the proper orientation.

Muv
    Hello Sassy Granny,
    If the machine was working before you changed the bobbin but not now, are you sure you have got the bobbin in the right way up? When you pull the bobbin thread the bobbin should turn anti-clockwise. Go to the sticky thread at the beginning of this section and watch my video about how to thread a round bobbin machine. If you still have problems after trying again, then it may be a burr on the bobbin itself.
    Let us know how you get on!

Blog Entries
    Are you using the correct bobbin? A lot of bobbins look alike
    Bernie

you may have wound your bobbin too fast & it did not wind correctly. it may be loose & soft & the machine can not
    operate properly.