Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New to the Group and clueless about Whites...

Howdy and welcome, from Texas! Looks like you found a real beauty!
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Power Poster
    Welcome from WI. What a great looking machine. Hope you find the info you need.

Northwestern Lower Michigan/Seminole, Florida
    I have one of these Whites in my garage. It looks like yours. The serial number is X538117. I would be interested to hear more information on them.

What a bargain! I like that knee bar, looks easy to use.

I have a White machine made in 1949. It sews wonderfully and is so powerful. It can sew through many layers of fabric including leather. Look on you tube, put in threading a White machine and it will show you how to thread them. I love mine. Yours looks like it might be older than mine, but it is basically the same. The only difference I can see is that yours has a shiny light where mine is black like the machine. Mine is black crinkle finish and I bought a brown crinkle finish from EBay. I paid $25 for the black one at an estate sale and $40 for the one off EBay. I think I got a bargain and I know you got a Big bargain! If you call Husqvarna and give them the serial # they will tell you how old it is. Husqvarna took over White.

I forgot to mention the wheel turns away from you. You will love the knee press once you get used to it.

Thank you everyone for the warm Welcomes and compliments on the newest house project! When I come across any good helpful or interesting information on these guys I will be sure to post it and share!
    Just Mel

Any more updates? I was just given a machine similar to yours and was wondering about your progress.

Barb

Blog Entries
    Congratulations on your great find. Be careful of the wiring and enjoy your project. Take it slow and easy,...more fun that way.

What's the best way to clean the crinkles? Mine is REALLY dirty, greasy and grimy. I know I can clean and oil the insides, I can polish the metal parts, but how do I clean the crinkles and grooves? I was thinking mild dish soap and a toothbrush...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast