new home for a New Home

Old 04-21-2014, 05:00 AM

Default Eldredge Rotary Needles

[/QUOTE] The Eldridge in the next post uses a DD (20x1) needle, not the CC (if I recall correctly). The BB is also a 20x1, but has the longer tip.
Cathy[/QUOTE]
I looked through the manuals I have for Eldredge Rotaries up through a NLC. They all specify "B Eldredge Rotary N. S." This for several Graybar, Stag Electric, generic Eldredge, a salesmans brochure, etc. The thing is, I bought the Eldredge NIB needles that are marked like the above, and so I'm assuming those must be DD. The tough one is I need to find out what KK 12221 is like, because I have that National, Model J n-50, old freearm style machine. Although I have to make a couple crankshafts to replace the broken ones. I'm printing out that chart Jon posted. Thanks folks,

Last edited by oldsewnsew; 04-21-2014 at 05:06 AM.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:58 AM

Jim,

You said "KK 12221 ". Did you mean CC1221. If so, the CC is also known as a Free Rotary, 1221, 40F1, or 38Y1. It is a short, flat shank needle with a timing length (top to eye) of 32.1mm.

The Eldridge Flat Shank needle is aka a 20x1, BB, 50N1. These have a longer tip than the DD needles. The timing length is 38.2mm.

I hope this helps you,
Cathy

The Eldridge in the next post uses a DD (20x1) needle, not the CC (if I recall correctly). The BB is also a 20x1, but has the longer tip.
Cathy[/QUOTE]
I looked through the manuals I have for Eldredge Rotaries up through a NLC. They all specify "B Eldredge Rotary N. S." This for several Graybar, Stag Electric, generic Eldredge, a salesmans brochure, etc. The thing is, I bought the Eldredge NIB needles that are marked like the above, and so I'm assuming those must be DD. The tough one is I need to find out what KK 12221 is like, because I have that National, Model J n-50, old freearm style machine. Although I have to make a couple crankshafts to replace the broken ones. I'm printing out that chart Jon posted. Thanks folks,
[/QUOTE]
Old 04-21-2014, 12:43 PM

Theoretical Needle Problem, I don't have this machine:

Which needle would a National Graybar Rotary use? The Boye chart says #2-1/2 which translates to CC. The Free Interchangable Needle List and Ismac's says DD (Boye 21), longer than the CC. Is one of the charts incorrect or does someone use one?

Jon
Old 04-21-2014, 12:46 PM

nope KK1221, thats how the pot metal connecting rods got fractured and broke. I think they may be shorter than 15*1 also, as the needle clamp was hitting the bottom needlebar guide.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:51 PM

Jon "Eldredge Rotary N. S. 3 different GB publication.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:09 PM

Jon,

All of my sources show that the National Rotaries use the 20x1 or the BB which is the shorter tip (the DD is the longer tip). This also has been my personal experience.

Cathy
Originally Posted by jlhmnj View Post
Theoretical Needle Problem, I don't have this machine:

Which needle would a National Graybar Rotary use? The Boye chart says #2-1/2 which translates to CC. The Free Interchangable Needle List and Ismac's says DD (Boye 21), longer than the CC. Is one of the charts incorrect or does someone use one?

Jon
Old 04-21-2014, 03:03 PM

Useful Free Chart for finding needles.

Hi Cathy,

I know what you mean but I believe the DD is shorter than BB and my chart says to use DD for Graybar Rotary. Correct?

Jon
Old 04-21-2014, 03:32 PM

Seems to apply to Jim's Eldredge Rotary as well if this Free chart is correct (?)
Old 04-21-2014, 08:01 PM

Yor are right the DD tip is shorter. I was going on a faulty memory.

Cathy

Hi Cathy,

I know what you mean but I believe the DD is shorter than BB and my chart says to use DD for Graybar Rotary. Correct?

Jon
Old 04-21-2014, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
Yor are right the DD tip is shorter. I was going on a faulty memory.

Cathy
**Chuckle**, the clearer I try to get, the fuzzier it all becomes! And my friend says (about me, no doubt) "confused people, confuse people."

Now,... what are the dimensions for a KK 1221? I'm thinking shorter than a 15x1...